1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My specs are:

Z77X UD3H Bios F18
i5 3570k
8gb 2133Mhz RAM
Mountain Lion 10.8.3

The drive in question is a 750gb WD Black formated to exFAT. It's smart status shows me it's in great conditions, but every now and then when I boot up OS X tells me the drive needs repair.

I already tried changing the SATA cable, and that didn't help. Is this a hardware issue or a software one?

I don't have any other HDD to test right now.

Screen Shot 2013-05-21 at 7.31.53 PM.jpg

My specs are:

Z77X UD3H Bios F18
i5 3570k
8gb 2133Mhz RAM
Mountain Lion 10.8.3

The drive in question is a 750gb WD Black formated to exFAT. It's smart status shows me it's in great conditions, but every now and then when I boot up OS X tells me the drive needs repair.

I already tried changing the SATA cable, and that didn't help. Is this a hardware issue or a software one?

I don't have any other HDD to test right now.

View attachment 56871

I read somewhere that the exFAT filesystem can be problematic when used with both Windows and Mac OS X - some people have problems, other people don't. What kinds of files are you storing on it? Are they files that might still be open when you shutdown either Windows or Mac OS X?

I read somewhere that the exFAT filesystem can be problematic when used with both Windows and Mac OS X - some people have problems, other people don't. What kinds of files are you storing on it? Are they files that might still be open when you shutdown either Windows or Mac OS X?
I keep everything on it, movies, music, pictures, programs, drivers.

I know there's no way around it so I'm just going to buy a new HDD for OS X and format this one as NTFS for Windows. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back