Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 560ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys!
Been using my Hackintosh for a few years with minimal issues.
I decided to add a 4TB Seagate Barracuda Iron Wolf for media storage and Im stuck.

If I unplug it, everything works as it always has. No issues.
Plug it in, internally or externally through an enclosure, I get stuck at the BIOS splash screen. Its locked up, so selection works.
The obvious first step is to check the Boot order, but if its plugged it, I can't get that far.

If I leave it in the enclosure and hot plug it in after Im booted into Windows 10 or MacOS, it shows up and functions normally.

FINALLY, I decided to try a different format type rather than exFAT, NTFS, and bingo it worked! Great! However, I would like the functionality of exFAT, so the drive is accessible by both OS's.

Any idea what I can do to get the exFAT format to work? Or am I misunderstanding the abilities of an exFAT drive? Any help would be appreciated.

MoBo: Z77X-UP5TH
CPU: i7 -3770k
GPU: Asus 1070
Separate SSD+HDD for each OS + new drive we're talking about here

Hey guys!
Been using my Hackintosh for a few years with minimal issues.
I decided to add a 4TB Seagate Barracuda Iron Wolf for media storage and Im stuck.

If I unplug it, everything works as it always has. No issues.
Plug it in, internally or externally through an enclosure, I get stuck at the BIOS splash screen. Its locked up, so selection works.
The obvious first step is to check the Boot order, but if its plugged it, I can't get that far.

If I leave it in the enclosure and hot plug it in after Im booted into Windows 10 or MacOS, it shows up and functions normally.

FINALLY, I decided to try a different format type rather than exFAT, NTFS, and bingo it worked! Great! However, I would like the functionality of exFAT, so the drive is accessible by both OS's.

Any idea what I can do to get the exFAT format to work? Or am I misunderstanding the abilities of an exFAT drive? Any help would be appreciated.

MoBo: Z77X-UP5TH
CPU: i7 -3770k
GPU: Asus 1070
Separate SSD+HDD for each OS + new drive we're talking about here

Is this Drive USB Driven? Or in a Hotswap bay?

Is your bios set to look for a USB drive 1st? If it's plugged in at post, it may look at the drive and not go beyond it, even if there is no boot partition on the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back