Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've installed 10.7.2 on the latest system, a GA-H67N-USB-B3 with Intel Core i5 2405S using HD 3000 Graphics. Everything was working fine and very nicely with dual Samsung 2233SW 1080p monitors (using HDMI to DVI cables) when I tried to play a video file in iTunes and got the missing HDCP error. Like the error suggested, I tried the second monitor to no avail. I also tried a straight HDMI monitor all with the same result. No matter what I do, HDCP does not seem to be working. The details:

GA-H67N-USB3-B3 with F7 BIOS
UniBeast install
MultiBeast with DSDT from database (Standard or HDMI)

Just to be sure, I did a reinstall with the same results. It has to be a software issue of some sort. When I received the board last week, it had BIOS version F5 but I upgraded it right away to F7. Is it possible downgrading to F5 or F6 might help?

I have several systems working perfectly but this one is being stubborn. I'm not sure what else it could be. Anyone have any ideas?

An update. I did a complete erase and reinstall to see what could have been the problem. I still have exactly the same issue but only in iTunes still. Although I can't remember for sure, I believe Netflix requires HDCP to work as well and Netflix works just fine.

Nothing else I have tried gives any problems except for iTunes content (in both iTunes and QuickTime Player). I also replaced the HDMI to DVI cables to no avail. I had already tried a straight HDMI to HDMI cable to an HDMI display.

I really don't understand what could be the problem.

brycv said:
An update. I did a complete erase and reinstall to see what could have been the problem. I still have exactly the same issue but only in iTunes still. Although I can't remember for sure, I believe Netflix requires HDCP to work as well and Netflix works just fine.

Nothing else I have tried gives any problems except for iTunes content (in both iTunes and QuickTime Player). I also replaced the HDMI to DVI cables to no avail. I had already tried a straight HDMI to HDMI cable to an HDMI display.

I really don't understand what could be the problem.

What kind of video? I'll try it out if it isn't something I have to pay for.

jaredkipe said:
What kind of video? I'll try it out if it isn't something I have to pay for.

Anything downloaded from the iTunes Store. I specifically tried the Downton Abbey Season 2 "A Look Back At Season 1" video file. It is a free download. Thanks.

Apparently standard definition videos work perfectly. It is only the HD videos from the iTunes Store that will not play and give the HDCP error. Apparently it is not only with the HD 3000 Graphics either.

I tried it on my third system with the Asus GeForce 210 card and it has the same problem. Video in standard definition from the iTunes Store works but never HD video. Anyone else seen this sort of thing?

From reading all around the forums it seems that AMD cards seem to have less issues with HDCP and such than NVIDIA or Intel integrated graphics. Is that accurate?

I have the exact same problem!!

My monitor is HDCP compliant, QT refuse to play any HD vidéo downloaded from the iTunes store!

Any suggestion anybody?

Same results on an HP ProBook 4530 w/ HD3000.

SD videos seem to work fine, HD barfs with an HDCP failure.

Haven't tried 10.7.3 yet.

ctusar said:
Same results on an HP ProBook 4530 w/ HD3000.

SD videos seem to work fine, HD barfs with an HDCP failure.

Haven't tried 10.7.3 yet.

10.7.3 is no different for me and the problem is still the same with HD3000 and GeForce GT210. I'm not sure about others. I would suspect that AMD cards would be better since my PowerColor 6870 works perfectly. I am planning to get a PowerColor 6850 for another system and will try there as well.

I am also experiencing the same issue with my Hack. Only came up last night when I decided to redeem the digital copies that had come with some of my Blu-Ray's. HD3000 on a Gigabyte H67.

ShadowTD said:
I am also experiencing the same issue with my Hack. Only came up last night when I decided to redeem the digital copies that had come with some of my Blu-Ray's. HD3000 on a Gigabyte H67.
I haven't found any solution to the problem. My main system has the PowerColor 6870 so hasn't been much of an issue but any of the other systems still have the problem. I wish there were a solution but I am not sure where to look from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back