Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H110M-R
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
RX 580
Hi guys, I'm trying to watch DRM protected videos on Safari, but I'm not able to. I've got a RX 580 and when I open up a DRM protected website like amazon prime, I get an error which says the plugin isn't supported. My IGPU is disabled in the BIOS.

I've read up on this issue briefly, does this issue occur because I'm using an actual external monitor or is it a conflict between my IGPU and dedicated graphics card.

Thanks in advance.

In case anybody else stumbles across this thread in the future, I've given up. It seems like it's a general Mac OSX issue and not a hackintosh specific one.

Mac OSX doesn't like it if you're using an external monitor to watch DRM content. Trolling through threads on this, I can see other fellow Mac users have had the same issue. It's a hit and miss really, if you get it working. :)

Hi guys, I'm trying to watch DRM protected videos on Safari, but I'm not able to. I've got a RX 580 and when I open up a DRM protected website like amazon prime, I get an error which says the plugin isn't supported. My IGPU is disabled in the BIOS.

I've read up on this issue briefly, does this issue occur because I'm using an actual external monitor or is it a conflict between my IGPU and dedicated graphics card.

Thanks in advance.

As per forum rules, please fill out your profile to include your motherboard, CPU, and GPU.

The only way I know to get DRM content playing in Safari is to use iMacPro1,1 system definition and disable the IGPU.

Naughty me...sorry. It works now with your suggestion after trolling through pages of support threads, thanks a lot. My setup has a H110M-R motherboard, i7 7700 and a RX 580 8gb. I disabled the igpu in the bios and disabled the multi-monitor option to in the bios.

Naughty me...sorry. It works now with your suggestion after trolling through pages of support threads, thanks a lot. My setup has a H110M-R motherboard, i7 7700 and a RX 580 8gb. I disabled the igpu in the bios and disabled the multi-monitor option to in the bios.

To fill out profile, please click on Account Details here:
Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 8.14.39 PM.png

Remember to change to iMacPro1,1 system definition. After that, DRM should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back