Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel Core i7-7500U / i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD620 / AMD Radeon HD7770
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
FAO @RehabMan

Is there any way to make Clover to use a different Graphics model name in the Graphics Injector options menu? I’ve got ig-platform-id implemented in the config plus FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext installed, have even tried adding the model name to AddProperties under Devices in the config, but every time Clover forces through ‘Intel Unknown’ and in order to have it any different in ‘About This Mac’, I have to manually change it upon every boot.

Just to clarify, my graphics acceleration is working fine and the fake device id is being correctly reported in About This Mac, just not the correct model name. This is purely a cosmetic issue but it’s driving me absolutely insane and I need to get it fixed! It seems like it should be such a simple thing to be able to get Clover to use the same model name each time, surely

FAO @RehabMan

Is there any way to make Clover to use a different Graphics model name in the Graphics Injector options menu? I’ve got ig-platform-id implemented in the config plus FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext installed, have even tried adding the model name to AddProperties under Devices in the config,

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Code:

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Code:

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Here you go :)

Attachments

• Graphics problem reporting.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 149

Code:

Code:

Here you go :)
Sorry, forgot to press F4 and collect the natives before zipping! Here's another set.

Attachments

• Graphics problem reporting 1.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 120
Sorry, forgot to press F4 and collect the natives before zipping! Here's another set.

I think Clover is injecting "Intel unknown" for "model" overriding the value you have in AddProperties.
You can turn off Clover default property injects with config.plist/Devices/NoDefaultProperties=true.
You will then need to inject ig-platform-id with AddProperties.

I think Clover is injecting "Intel unknown" for "model" overriding the value you have in AddProperties.
You can turn off Clover default property injects with config.plist/Devices/NoDefaultProperties=true.
You will then need to inject ig-platform-id with AddProperties.

You, sir, have played a vital role in delaying my inevitable mental breakdown.

View media item 188321
Thank you and please mark as resolved :)

Last edited:
What about Kaby Lake cpu? I have the same problem, it's reported as a "Xeon"!

What about Kaby Lake cpu? I have the same problem, it's reported as a "Xeon"!

I fixed that by using the following CPU parameters in config.plist:

Code:
<key>CPU</key>
<dict>
    <key>FrequencyMHz</key>
    <integer>2700</integer>
    <key>Type</key>
    <string>0x706</string>
    <key>UseARTFrequency</key>
    <false/>
</dict>

Last edited:
You, sir, have played a vital role in delaying my inevitable mental breakdown.

View media item 188321
Thank you and please mark as resolved :)
What did you inject with AddProperties? I assume it was Intel GFX, AAPL,ig-properties-id. Using 19168086 doesn't work.

What did you inject with AddProperties? I assume it was Intel GFX, AAPL,ig-properties-id. Using 19168086 doesn't work.

"model" , amd eventually the properties you need to remove menu bar glitch.

Idea: Would it be possible to avoid clover properties injection completely and rely only on SSDT-IGPU for that injection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back