Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170-D3H
CPU
Core i7 6700K
Graphics
ATI HD 5770
I have this HD5770 working with me for hackintosh for 7 years already. Perfect all the time.

Then I updated 10.12.4 last night, met flashing color issue as threads:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-eah5770-issues.218646/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/screen-changing-colors-after-update-10-12-4.217994/

So I installed SwitchResX and set it with "millions of colors", everything seems normal again.

But after like 10 mins, screen went to a pure a pink and have nothing respond at all, I tried to reboot the computer, It failed again and again.
Eventually I change the graphic card with a spread one it works again. It seems that HD5770 is broken.

The more I worry about this, will 10.12.4 kill another my graphic card? Or it's just a coincidence.
Anyone else met this problem?

Yeah as soon as update finished I got the same blue flashing just like that video that someone posted in your links.

I restored to 10.12.3 from my carbon copy clone and everything is back to normal. Guess I can't go to 10.12.4 till I get a new graphics card.

Yeah as soon as update finished I got the same blue flashing just like that video that someone posted in your links.

I restored to 10.12.3 from my carbon copy clone and everything is back to normal. Guess I can't go to 10.12.4 till I get a new graphics card.
Oh, you just have issue with displaying, my card was actually broken :(

Oh ok, I wasn't taking it literally.. I have to replace mine now to update any further. What card did you replace yours with?
I bought a new GTX1070 since nVidia announce supporting Mac. All happen in 2 days. sign.

I've got 2 Sapphire 5770's and had the blue/orange flickering problem too. The SwitchResX app fixed it immediately by switching billions to millions under colors. The only downside is the app is $15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back