Contribute
Register

HD5500 HDMI not working and other problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After applying Rename _DSM methods to XDSM and changing layout id & renaming bod3 to hdau to DSDT and ssdt-8, I am getting ACPI error(attached in zip), I took reference from http://www.dognmonkey.com/techs/how-to-patch-applehda-for-hdmi-alc255-broadwell.html.
Can you please patch it?

Also getting new OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi runtime error, usually was getting kernel cache error. Now need to try 5-6 times to get pass that and then another 3-4 times that macos detects my internal screen.Macos boots up but doesnt detect my laptop's screen. I need to attach HDMI.

Also after Applhda getting garbled audio on headhone jack.

There is no B0D3->HDAU rename in the files you have provided in ACPI/patched.
config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67. You have 0x3.

after bod3 rename, I got ACPI error. Attached it in root of zip folder.Not in ACPI/Patched

after bod3 rename, I got ACPI error. Attached it in root of zip folder.Not in ACPI/Patched

You need to provide actual EFI/Clover that produces the problem.
I cannot make guesses about what you're actually doing.

Here you go. Updated files are dsdt and ssdt-8

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 53
Here you go. Updated files are dsdt and ssdt-8

You have a duplicate _DSM somewhere.
It is obvious if you try to disassemble your files in ACPI/patched with: iasl -da -dl *.aml
You should read the ACPI patching guide carefully. It very clearly states that "Remove _DSM methods" should one of the first patches you apply to any native file (to allow for _DSM methods to be added).

I dont understand, you said to use Rename _DSM methods to XDSM
As per guide, you should use "Rename _DSM methods to XDSM" if "Remove _DSM methods" causes an error.
Always read carefully.
instead of
It very clearly states that "Remove _DSM methods" should one of the first patches you apply to any native file (to allow for _DSM methods to be added)
"Remove _DSM methods". What should I do, I am getting error in both?

"Remove _DSM methods". What should I do, I am getting error in both?

Generally:
- if "Remove _DSM methods" causes an error, use "Rename _DSM methods to XDSM". Usually this is only on DSDT.

I tried both, & they both cause error.

I tried both, & they both cause error.

I disassembled your files per guide: iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
(note: re-extract your files... you have files from both Mar 10 and Apr 13, from different BIOS settings...)

Then I applied "Rename _DSM methods to XDSM" in DSDT.dsl. Result: no errors.

Yes, but I am getting KP when using Rename _DSM methods to XDSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back