1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,
I don't know if other users already posted same questions on other threads.
I searched about it but I couldn't t find any results.

The questions are:
running OsX and using the integrated HD530 video card (inside the i7 6700 or i7 6700k CPUs) will I be able to use more than one display simultaneously? Two or three? Assuming to use the Gigabyte GA Z170N WIFI or something similar, which ports work? And, does the HD530 work in the same way for the i7 6700 as in the i7 6700k or are there important differences? (overclock possibilities and the work's frequency apart)

Hi there,
I don't know if other users already posted same questions on other threads.
I searched about it but I couldn't t find any results.

The questions are:
running OsX and using the integrated HD530 video card (inside the i7 6700 or i7 6700k CPUs) will I be able to use more than one display simultaneously? Two or three? Assuming to use the Gigabyte GA Z170N WIFI or something similar, which ports work? And, does the HD530 work in the same way for the i7 6700 as in the i7 6700k or are there important differences? (overclock possibilities and the work's frequency apart)

CPUs with Intel HD 530 Graphics are capable of driving up to three 4K monitors at 60Hz. There is no difference in this regard between the i7-6700 and i7-6700K. They support eDP (integrated flat panel), DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI ports -- eDP and DisplayPort can do 4K at 60Hz, while HDMI can do 4K at only 24Hz. See http://ark.intel.com/products/88195/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_20-GHz for full info.

Thanks @nobodynose, technically all right, the Intel specs are clear.
I wanna know if it works with OsX...

...The questions are:
Two monitors are probably all you'll be able to use with Apple OS X. DVI, HDMI and/or DP connections only, no VGA as Apple doesn't natively support VGA. We recommend a discrete graphics card for two or more monitors from a performance standpoint.

I tested only one monitor with my Gene's HD530 motherboard connection and, as with most 100-series Skylake motherboards, HD530 is not mature as Apple hasn't produced a Mac using Skylake processors/chipset, yet. However, with the GTX 950, I tested driving four monitors successfully.

My Hector H97N Haswell build has one DVI and HDMI ports on the motherboard; only the DVI and one HDMI worked together. I did test two monitors successfully, though.

Lastly, there should be no difference between the i7 6600 or 6600K except for the ability to overclock (OC) the K models. Here's Intel spec' sheets:
6600 > http://ark.intel.com/products/88188/Intel-Core-i5-6600-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz
6600K > http://ark.intel.com/products/88191/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz

Hi @fabycae, did you ever get multiple monitors working with your integrated HG530? I have the same setup and want to know if I need to budget for a new graphics card if I purchase a second monitor.
Thanks!
For a hassle free build I would budget for a graphics card if you're getting another monitor. HD530 won't boot with more than one monitor connected and there are workarounds just to use a 2nd, let alone a 3rd with OS X.
My 2 cents....

Last edited:
So, faster than me...
For a hassle free build I would budget for a graphics card if you're getting another monitor. HD530 won't boot with one than one monitor connected and there are workarounds just to use a 2nd, let alone a 3rd with OS X.
My 2 cents....
Anyway I had some problems in the last period, if I'll able to test multi displays configuration with the HD530 I'll write You back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back