Contribute
Register

HD4600 - Monitor Brightness automatically decrease and increase...(ML 10.8.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
(by the way this is my first post, very big thanks for this great site and forum)

I recently made my Haswell Build:

Gigabyte z87x-UD3H

Intel i7 4770k
Kingston HyperX Black 8GB
Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD
Gigabyte Poseidon 310 atx with cougar 700w power

I'm using this guy for audio production purpose with Logic Pro 9 and Pro Tools 10, so I can't go for Mavericks because of the Pro Tools 10. Anyway, Mountain Lion (10.8.5) successfully installed and everything works fine except a little issue of my monitor brightness.

When watching videos, at the dark scenes or browsing at dark web pages, pictures...etc. and also at the boot screen of chimera, it automatically decreases the brightness and instantly increases it back when the dark screen goes off...

Searched it on tonymacx and google, no results and I tried to calibrate my monitor from System Preferences it didn't solve it.

My monitor is Samsung SyncMaster T240. I tried both HDMI and DVI ports and the result is same.
By the way, the VGA port of the mobo doesn't work. Normally, I work with two monitors and my second monitor is only D-sub so I'm stuck with only one monitor.

Thanks in advance...

I realized that "adaptive brightness kind" issue also happens at BIOS screens, too.

So, I assume this is not about the installation or stuff, I think somehow the motherboard or Intel HD4600 chips cause this...

I looked up in the BIOS for any related settings tab but couldn't find anything.

Any opinions guys ? It is so annoying, no way to watch anything... :roll2:

Sorry for beeing of topic here, but im in the middle of a hackintosh installation. Why no mavericks and PT10 together ?

"Mavericks is not supported with Pro Tools 10.3.x, there are known issues" Avid says...
Actually, you can install and use PT10 properly, but uninstaller doesn't work on Mavericks. That's why Avid says it doesn't supported. And also you can't use Pro Tools 11 and 10 together on Mavericks.
I have lots of unfinished PT10 sessions and I don't keen on to move to PT11 and Mavericks right now.
For me, the best system is properly working system right now, not the brand new one... ;)

Here some links to read if you interested:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/...support-for-Media-Composer-Pro-Tools-Sibelius
http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/mavericks-mac-os-x-10-9-compatibility-information/
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=348697

Bump!!
...still couldn't find the solution ??

I've read your post #1 several times, and I still don't know what you mean. Perhaps you should explain better. To me, it sounds more like something your monitor is doing and not something the computer is doing.

Sorry to bother you :rolleyes:

Ok then, I will try again to explain what I mean:

On a dark screen, brightness goes down.
For example: When watching movie, when a dark scene comes the screen goes darker and darker
when the dark scene goes off, brightness comes back instantly.

First, it made me think about the monitor not the computer as you said.
I checked all the adjustments of my monitor, everything seems fine...

Anyway, thank you for your answer...
It seems like one in a million problem, I'm gonna try to make a fresh installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back