Contribute
Register

HD4600 Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so here's the situation : The only SSDT-x that have been patched from ACPI/origin are SSDT-8.aml and SSDT-9.aml (respectively for IGPU/PNLF injection and Optimus deactivation). All others SSDT-x are untouched and have just been disassembled with iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml command then re-assembled in .aml. I only have fixed SSDT-0.dsl so I can compile and save it in .aml.

So I'm a bit lost. What SSDT's should I rename and how should I named them to?

OK so here's the situation : The only SSDT-x that have been patched from ACPI/origin are SSDT-8.aml and SSDT-9.aml (respectively for IGPU/PNLF injection and Optimus deactivation). All others SSDT-x are untouched and have just been disassembled with iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml command then re-assembled in .aml. I only have fixed SSDT-0.dsl so I can compile and save it in .aml.

So I'm a bit lost. What SSDT's should I rename and how should I named them to?

The set of SSDTs you should have in ACPI/patched and their order in SortedOrder is clearly described in post #9.

You should not rename any SSDTs.

Maybe I didn't made myself clear.

When I talked about SSDT-1.aml in post #10, I said that this was where I applied the PNLF patch. But actually, the SSDT-1.aml wasn't the SSDT-1.aml from ACPI/origin, it was the SSDT-8.aml renamed as SSDT-1.aml.

Then, you suggested to rename it as SSDT-PNLF.aml which I did.

Use SSDT-PNLF.aml as the name.
SSDT-1.aml should correspond only to SSDT-1.aml from ACPI/origin.

So when I set the SortedOrder, I thought logical to set it before the SSDT-9.aml.

But If I understand correctly, there's no need to rename it as SSDT-PNLF.aml after all and I just can leave it as SSDT-8.aml and set the SortedOrder like this :

DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml
SSDT-9.aml

any additional SSDTs (such as SSDT-PNLF.aml to implement backlight control)

Actually, there's no additional SSDT in my case, right?

Maybe I didn't made myself clear.

When I talked about SSDT-1.aml in post #10, I said that this was where I applied the PNLF patch. But actually, the SSDT-1.aml wasn't the SSDT-1.aml from ACPI/origin, it was the SSDT-8.aml renamed as SSDT-1.aml.

DO NOT rename SSDTs.
DO NOT apply any PNLF patch (the only PNLF device should be the one in SSDT-PNLF.aml).

Then, you suggested to rename it as SSDT-PNLF.aml which I did.

I never suggested any renames.
SSDT-PNLF.aml is compiled SSDT-PNLF.dsl as per guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Also, your config.plist has the 9mb cursor bytes patch disabled. That is a mistake.

I thought this was unnecessary with IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

Anyway, I think it's better to start over and will follow your links.

Thanks for the help!

I thought this was unnecessary with IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

I see nothing in the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext source that patches the Azul framebuffer for 9mb cursor bytes.

I started from scratch and hopefully, ACPI files and SortedOrder should now be OK. Let me know if I made something wrong because it didn't make any difference.

Also, I'd like to understand something : why is there a Brightness Fix for Haswell/Broadwell in your repo if we have to use a separate SSDT-PNLF.aml?

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 101
I started from scratch and hopefully, ACPI files and SortedOrder should now be OK. Let me know if I made something wrong because it didn't make any difference.

ACPI not patched correctly. No "OS Check Fix" patch applied. SSDT-XOSI.aml has no effect without _OSI->XOSI patch.

You should use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. If you need OsxAptioFix2, you may also need slide=0 kernel flag.

Also, your kextcache output shows kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts should be set "Detect".
Kext injection is only for the installer and recovery partition.

Also, I'd like to understand something : why is there a Brightness Fix for Haswell/Broadwell in your repo if we have to use a separate SSDT-PNLF.aml?

It is for use with ACPIBacklight.kext on older versions of macOS/OS X.
If you're curious, read the brightness guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

Still no change.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back