Motherboard
Deii Latitude E7470
CPU
i7-6600U
Graphics
HD 520
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yeah, so I am running macOS Big Sur on an Optiplex 7020 sff (i5-4690T) using the onboard graphics (HD4600). I followed the Dortania post install guide for iGPU patching but when I boot for the first 15-25 seconds the mouse and keyboard are extremely laggy. After that time period everything is normal. I am using a DP to HDMI cable and I have no dGPU installed. Any help is appreciated.

A screenshot from system report about graphics (in case it helps) Screen Shot .png
+ my EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 89
Graphics:
Your HD 4600 seems to be setup for running a display, this is wrong. Especially if you have an Nvidia GT 710 installed and are using this to drive the display. In this case the HD4600 should be set with a Headless/empty framebuffer.

One of these two:

0x04120004 - 04001204 Recommended/Default for WhateverGreen.kext
or
0x0412000B - 0B001204 (commonly used with iMac 15,1)

These are the only Empty/Headless framebuffers for a Haswell desktop Hack. You need to use one of these in place of the entry you are currently using.

USB:
This issue is as likely to be related to your USB port configuration, or rather the lack of any configuration. You are relying on XhciPortLimit to enable your USB ports, this is not always a good thing. It is meant to be a temporary fix while installing macOS and set aside once you have macOS installed and can create a custom USB Configuration for your system.

Have a read and follow UtterDisbelief's USB guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Setting up your USB ports to work in macOS may also help solve this issue.

oh. So I found a solution to that. Yes when I posted it my usb ports weren’t mapped. (They are now) and the GT710 is from my old configuration. I forgot to update my profile information.

Anyways I found a solution thanks to a ****** post. I have posted it here on a similar thread I opened. If someone encounters the same problem u can check it out.

however thanks for replying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back