Contribute
Register

HD4400 Acceleration at 2560x1440 pixels possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached complete PR-Files.

- deleted -

Last edited:
I'm not good enough to locate problem like Rehabman, but i can give you some suggestions to make clover config better in order to prevent some potential problems.

Maybe problem related:

1. According to backlight control guide, you lack
- AppleBacklight patch in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch
Add the patch marked with comment "change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)" from ~/Projects/guide.git/config_patches.plist to your own config.plist at EFI/Clover/config.plist. Use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro to copy/paste. DO NOT use Clover Configurator.
- AppleBacklightInjector.kext installed to /L/E

Not so important but not correct:

1. IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup is now part of WhateverGreen, you should remove it.

Kexts are installed incorrectly (FakePCIID_xxx.kexts not installed into system volume) you only have them on EFI/Clover/kexts/other.
All kexts should be installed into Library/Extensions (including the ones you keep on EFI/Clover/Other as these are for only installation purpose).
Just make a folder let say called kext into desktop paste all the kexts you need to install on that folder and open terminal and enter these commands:
Code:
cd desktop/kext
sudo cp -R *.kext /Library/Extensions
This command will install all kexts located on that folder with correct permissions, after you done that rebuild caches with:

Code:
 sudo kextcache -i /

Last edited:
Current Issue: Acceleration only works until resolution of 2048x1152 pixels. Higher resolution (like internal display has 2560x1440) causes flickering.

Is this a knows bug of HD4400 on macOS HighSierra or can anyone help me to get it work?
(If EDID injections have to be done I would need help what exacly to do, do not understand it)

Activating Rehabmans patches for 96MB/128MB DVMT at config does not help, too.

These drivers are active now to get acceleration for 2048 pixels work:

- AppleALC v1.2.8
- Lilu v1.2.5
- WhateverGreen v1.2.0

Using this config.

Keep in mind you cannot use DVMT-prealloc patches for 96MB or 128MB unless you also set DVMT-prealloc to 96MB or 128MB.

DVMT-prealloc patching in the framebuffer that does not match the actual setting cannot be expected to work properly.

Yes, tried to check this with "Bios Backup Toolkit" but I can not read bios to check or modify variables.
So also "IFR Extractor" or "UEFI-Tool" can not be used, too.

How can I do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back