Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey MacMan,

as for some people GraphicsEnabler=yes seems not to be working for HD4000 we are currently experimenting with the correct settings for ig-platform-id here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61216-10-8-how-enable-hd4000.html
I have to use platform-id of 01620005 to get HD4000 working on my system, for example. Chimera is using 01660009 which doesn't work for me.

I couldn't find the source code for 1.11 yet and though I don't know how you are handling the injection neither if it is already possible to select the ig-platform-id manually.

Could you add this feature to Chimera so we don't have to use EFI strings? It should be possible to select the entire string, not just the revision part. So that we are able to use desktop configurations (like 0162). This could be handled like this in org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

Code:
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>01620005</string>

Also it looks like Chimera is overwriting device-id and revision-id, which isn't necessary and is somewhat confusing if you are trying to troubleshoot with your ioregs.

Try this.

<key>HD4000PlatformId</key>
<string>0</string>

Hi MacMan,

A newbie question - why am I still getting Device id 0x0166 and Revision number 0x0009 when GraphicsEnabler is set to No in the system profiler. The difference is that I get "No Kext loaded" notificiation.

Like several other laptops with the same specs, Chimera works on the Lenovo y580 through HDMI only - not on the internal screen - does the solution reside in the AppleIntelFrameBufferCapri.Kext and trying to have it use the LVDS port, and not necessarily in the EFI strings.

Thank you for your great work!

Forum → The Tools → Chimera → Source

You can use GraphicsEnabler=No and it won't inject anything.

MacMan, I don't think he was talking about this, more like about this. I've tested recently the latest Enoch version and with this option and the HDEFLayoutID option, set to 03000000 (for use with the HDAEnabler.dylib module, which comes with Enoch), I don't need a patched DSDT for my desktop board (GB H77N-WiFi) in order to use the HDMI audio, only the patched AppleHDA.kext from Multibeast for ALC892 (the with DSDT choice).

MacMan, I don't think he was talking about this, more like about this. I've tested recently the latest Enoch version and with this option and the HDEFLayoutID option, set to 03000000 (for use with the HDAEnabler.dylib module, which comes with Enoch), I don't need a patched DSDT for my desktop board (GB H77N-WiFi) in order to use the HDMI audio, only the patched AppleHDA.kext from Multibeast for ALC892 (the with DSDT choice).
Hi all, I too have used Enoch, and BUM! my Intel HD4000 started work with platform HD4K=5 on my Desktop System.
My Audio IDT works well with HDEFLayoutid=0C000000, did not work right away, but it did since I also added HDAEnabler=Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back