Contribute
Register

HD4000 Graphics Support on Samsung NP530U4C

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I got from that was to use Clover Configurator, and I did so, with the same results. Any idea?

you can try my config.plist , for the future edits on config , use Vietnam tools . that will help you a lot.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 253
you can try my config.plist , for the future edits on config , use Vietnam tools . that will help you a lot.

Please read the Rules.

"Any posts referencing unapproved installation software, methods, or websites will be deleted. Approved installation methods are as follows: iBoot, UniBeast or Clover".

Use the appropriate config.plist instead of the broken one you have.

Using Clover Configurator won't help unless you know what to change.

Okay, so I got HD4000 working using a config file listed in the link. Thank you. HDMI does not seem to work. Also thanks pabloesco for the suggestion.

If I want to get sound working, I am to use a voodoohda package but every install I use seems to just make the speaker directly route to the microphone with feedback. Anyone have any ideas? Plan to post a guide in this feed in case it helps anyone later on.

Okay, so I got HD4000 working using a config file listed in the link. Thank you. HDMI does not seem to work. Also thanks pabloesco for the suggestion.

What is your screen resolution? Please add it to your profile under "Graphics."

If I want to get sound working, I am to use a voodoohda package but every install I use seems to just make the speaker directly route to the microphone with feedback. Anyone have any ideas? Plan to post a guide in this feed in case it helps anyone later on.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfig.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

Please read the Rules.

"Any posts referencing unapproved installation software, methods, or websites will be deleted. Approved installation methods are as follows: iBoot, UniBeast or Clover".

im sorry the software i made referance is only an kidlike script to help ppl get clover / config.plist easy way. Because , when you new to Clover is kindlike hardy to understand - documentation , and is only a simple Help tool. I already write post it , here 3 months ago.. if is o problem , feel free to kabum-delete it.

What is your screen resolution? Please add it to your profile under "Graphics."

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfig.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

I believe I have an ALC269 on this laptop for audio hardware. I tried following your inductions, and applied the layout 12, and IRQ fix patches, but when I went to find the AppleHDAHardwareConfig.kext, I only found AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext, which I assumed was the same. I continued to find the codec ID which was 283902569, and scrolled further to find layout ID 269. I assumed it was in Hex, and so I got 10D, which is one too many values for the layout 12 to support.

Code:
<key>HDAConfigDefault</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>CodecID</key>
                    <integer>283902569</integer>
                    <key>ConfigData</key>
                    <data>
                    AUccQAFHHQEBRx4TAUcfkAFXHFABVx0QAVce
                    IQFXHwEBhxwgAYcdAAGHHoEBhx8BAZccEAGX
                    HQEBlx6gAZcfkAFHDAI=
                    </data>
                    <key>FuncGroup</key>
                    <integer>1</integer>
                    <key>LayoutID</key>
                    <integer>269</integer>
                </dict>
            </array>

Anyone have a reliable method of getting the ALC 269 Realtek audio working or a patched AppleHDA.kext? I have tried several, all slightly different, and none work. None of the Voodoo Sound packages worked. Except for headphones, those worked.

I believe I have an ALC269 on this laptop for audio hardware. I tried following your inductions, and applied the layout 12, and IRQ fix patches, but when I went to find the AppleHDAHardwareConfig.kext, I only found AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext

It is AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext. I will correct my future posts.

I continued to find the codec ID which was 283902569, and scrolled further to find layout ID 269. I assumed it was in Hex, and so I got 10D, which is one too many values for the layout 12 to support.

The layout-id in the plist is decimal. Converted to hex it is 0x10d.

It is supported by "Audio Layout 12". The patch modified, as appropriate:
Code:
into method label _DSM parent_label HDEF remove_entry;
into device label HDEF insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "layout-id", Buffer() { 0x0d, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
        "PinConfigurations", Buffer() { },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

It is AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext. I will correct my future posts.

The layout-id in the plist is decimal. Converted to hex it is 0x10d.

It turned out to be a bad kext compatibility. I found one which worked on this forum, but sames as the poster, the mic did not work. I am fine with it for now. All ALC269 HDA files cannot seem to get the mic working. Thank you.

I have updated my resolution in the Profile. I was briefly able to get the HDMI functioning when the computer was hooked up and I tried waking it from sleep. The resolution on the external monitor was 1366 x768, the same as the laptop screen, and I was unable to change it.

I have updated my resolution in the Profile. I was briefly able to get the HDMI functioning when the computer was hooked up and I tried waking it from sleep. The resolution on the external monitor was 1366 x768, the same as the laptop screen, and I was unable to change it.

SysPrefs->Displays.

SysPrefs->Displays.

Exactly. I was unable to change it there. When I plug in the HDMI when it is running normally, the screen will get dark, turn off and then turn back on.

On a side, not, I have been trying to get the brightness to work, and applied the ACPIbrightness.kext, added the HD3000/4000 fix in the dsdt.

I tried changing the GFX0 to IGPU, and I get two errors that say Object does not exist (IGFX) and realized that GFX0 does not exist in the DSDT.

Also as a note, I tried using the PNLF patch also. It did not work.

Code:
#   Brightness control fix
into device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label _SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
    Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
    Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
    Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
    Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n