Contribute
Register

hd4000 big sur not loading metal/opengl but catalina loads metal/opengl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open up the side panel and look at the white sticker on the underside. If you see the number 3 and ME Disabled or 6 & ME Lockout the Intel Mgt. Engine has been factory disabled. These will not work well if you want to use HD4000 graphics. It will cause problems with graphics acceleration that are not fixable without some very complicated BIOS hacks. You'll also have system freezes due to no IMEI device being present.
Hi trs96, thanks for chiming in. Was using an HP for this test regarding this thread.

ok I got it working, it was the jumper I installed to disable ME...
I was working on coreboot, me_cleaner

i am using i3-3225 cpu
hp compaq pro 6300 sff

jumper ON/INSERTED me management mode says NONE in the system information (was not working, people think I was crazy)

jumper OFF/PUT 1 PIN Connected (nomal people) me management mode says AMT in the system information (works metal yay)
----------
Now I need to flash back/reenable ME from my backup somewhere for my tianocore/coreboot board on Acer

Thank you for your help too (in a way you don't understand)

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm Big Sur is working (graphics, sound, etc.) working with I7-i3770 Ivy Bridge hardware platforms:

1. HD4000 iGPU?
  2. MSI Kepler GPU? GT 710 2GD3H LP
  3. Optiplex 7010 / HP ?
I am trying to understand if it is absolutely necessary to upgrade a pair of Optiplex 7010s with the MSI GT 710 2GD3H LP to run Big Sur

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back