Contribute
Register

HD3000 with QE/CI Lion 10.7-10.7.2 (dsdt mod free)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well after more testing the artifacts still show up. with the audio kext, i found that the rollback actually works best, aside from me not being able to set the on-chip framebuffer size to 480+2 in the bios. i tried a recent 10.7.1 patched kext for the ALC889, but it didn't work with my front audio ports, while the rollback does.

anyway, i wish someone else was doing video editing in final cut pro x with the hd 3000. i'm going to have to install windows and see if i can replicate the issue there and if so hopefully get gigabyte to replace this board or intel to replace the chip. i'm not sure which is the culprit.

Hello, I have a fujitsu s761 which is a sandy bridge core i5 2.5ghz with Intel hd 3000. This is a laptop that has LVDS, VGA and HDMI connectors. I think that with the "dock" (I don't have it) this laptop gets LVDS, VGA, DVI, DP and HDMI - not really sure...

Before I wasn't using chimera (only chameleon 2.0 and svn build) and I didn't edit any DSDT or the kext's. My display "just worked" by setting smbios from MacbookPro8,1 and I have native resolution 1366x768 and I can connect an HDMI display and it detects it as 1080p, xbmc runs on it.

However I think I don't have full QE/CI acceleration, because the "ripples" don't appear. I also can't use the vga port, but that seems normal throughout most of the thread.

I now have tried Chimera 1.5 with GraphicsEnabler=yes but I still don't get the ripples. I always had and still have the "Transcript Offline - Buffer Pool Allocate [181000] failed" error .

Like i said, i didn't need to edit the vendor id, because my graphics card has the macbookpro vendor id:
VRAM (Total): 384 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0126
Revision ID: 0x0009
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1366 x 768 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:
Display Connector:
Display Connector:

When I tried modifying the dsdt to add the "Dual Link" patch, the display just does black.
If I use the macbookpro8,3 settings, the 3 additional "display connector" disappear, but I haven't tested hdmi with that setting.

Any ideas on how to enable the full acceleration? For the time being, the computer is more than functional so that doesn't bother me a lot, but the vga port is important to me, because I have a 19" vga display available and not using it. (getting a new display is not an option, the company does not give me another one hehe - i was trying to get the dock to see if it had a DVI connection... but that will take a lot of months lol)

Does anyone have any ideas for me ? =)

well, after installing the chimera update and using the mac mini smbios, my system no longer reboot loops if i set the video memory in the bios to 480+2 while using the apple hda rollback... i have been video editing in final cut pro x for the past 6 or 7 hours and i've only seen one or two green lines flash across the video. i don't know if any of that is actually related just yet, though. i also don't know if there's any benefit or detriment to setting the video memory to max in the bios, as lion always reports 512MB of video memory regardless.

ghostzip said:
However I think I don't have full QE/CI acceleration, because the "ripples" don't appear. I also can't use the vga port, but that seems normal throughout most of the thread.

The ripples don't appear in Lion by default. Uncheck "Show dashboard as a space." in Mission Control Preferences. Then check again.

pauldmps said:
ghostzip said:

The ripples don't appear in Lion by default. Uncheck "Show dashboard as a space." in Mission Control Preferences. Then check again.

Thanks! Never noticed that on lion, but then again I don't use dashboard that much... i mean I don't use it at all in all my mac's lol

The ripples do appear after all, so I guess I have acceleration. But I have to say, the last 2 days i'm getting display errors, squares of graphics that are corrupted - i'm going to install chameleon 2.1 again to see if this occurs because of the new chimera 1.5 that I installed.

No luck with the vga port, has anyone with a laptop got the vga running? browsing through the threads it seems everyone can't get vga + lvds working.. Like i said, hdmi works and I only have hdmi or vga, and I only have a vga display...

edit: installed chameleon 2.1svn 1451 (2.0 worked as well) and no more graphic glitches. Guess chimera ruins something in my graphics card, bear in mind that my intel has already the correct vendor/class id - it's equal to mbp

Re: HD3000 with QE/CI in Lion Alt. (dsdt mod free)

sketcher said:
TaylorC said:
Ok, I found the 5 IDs and replaced them with 0x01128086. QE still not enabled as far as I can tell (no ripple in old-style Dashboard). I wish I knew what I was doing wrong, the prospect of getting this to work is so exciting.

I can't think of anything else. ut since you and i share the same id so maybe you can try my kexts. BTW my main display is DVI so make sure yours is DVI as well.

Could this kext also work with VGA output of my GA-67M-D2-B3, because I need to use the VGA connector. Or what's maybe to do, when using VGA or DVI instead of HDMI? Is there any difference? I was thinking, that normally all interface get the same signal, when I do not use different screens.

Dulmer

followed instructions on page 1..after reboot i get stuck on the apple screen.my board is H67N-USB3-B3 using the VGA port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back