Contribute
Register

HD3000 with QE/CI Lion 10.7-10.7.2 (dsdt mod free)

Status
Not open for further replies.
besweeet said:
discreetlogic said:
Quote from the first post :

3. Open info.plist and looking for 0x01068086 and replace it with your id (it's 0x01128086 for me) in both files.

Do we have a compiled list of id's corresponding to processors?

I really want to try this, but wish this step was more explicit

thx!

You can get your device ID in System Profiler.

Or in windows device manager.

@boumbo: I thought that maybe your experiments would help us out with the HD 2000, but nothing. Was getting jumbled up artifacts while at the Apple Logo and the wheel would keep on spinning, but that was with iMac12,2 in the SMBIOS.plist file. Messing around with some of the other ones would result in the same stuff that I've been experiencing a few pages back.

IOREGISRYEXPLORER says :

device-id Data <22 01 00 00>

So I added 0x01228086 into AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext/Contents/Info.plist and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Funny thing, when I mess with this I get this in dmesg :

DRMStatus: iTunes/Apple Store Content Access Problem. Content playback may be disabled on this computer. You can continue to use the machine, but you should contact an Apple support representative. ErrorCode: 8877652

Am I doing it wrong?

thx guys

EDIT : Okay, got somewhere with the OSX original kext edited and a dsdt edit, but all I see is garbled graphics. My board has only hdmi.

besweeet said:
@boumbo: I thought that maybe your experiments would help us out with the HD 2000, but nothing. Was getting jumbled up artifacts while at the Apple Logo and the wheel would keep on spinning, but that was with iMac12,2 in the SMBIOS.plist file. Messing around with some of the other ones would result in the same stuff that I've been experiencing a few pages back.

what is your device id?have you try graphic enabler=NO?
have you try macbook pro 8.1 smbios (installed with multibeast)+dsdt edit only with duallink(no device id injection)+intelhd graphic modify with your device id+tony kext modify with your device id+"graphic enabler=No"?

the trick with removing extensions mkext is only if you have an graphic working ( full resoltion+QE/CI) of course i you have a boot screen freeze with artefact or a kp with artefacts, it will do nothing

does people with full resolution+QE/CI but with artefacts could share the experiment with removing extensions.mkext?

does someone have a trick for my sound issue? i think it is linked with the hdmi hd3000 audio output because on my other hackintosh, hd5770 no troubles with the applehdarollback

geejay said:
besweeet said:
@boumbo: I thought that maybe your experiments would help us out with the HD 2000, but nothing.

As far as I can see there are three different cases of Sandy Bridge graphics:

HD3000 4 threads, 12 EUs
HD2000 4 threads, 6 EUs
HD - 2 threads, 6 EUs, GPU may work or not
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Brid ... processors

Not sure about the i7 models with 8 threads

As seen in the Intel Linux drivers the driver must distinguish between HD3000 and HD2000 for memory allocation and probably memory offsets. These depend on the number of threads per EU, and number of EUs.

The Mac driver does seem to know only about HD3000 and classifies also HD2000 and HD processors as HD3000. My best guess is that as the driver does not account for reduced EUs or threads we see strange artifacts.

The Linux drivers also disable completely graphics acceleration for generation/stepping/revision 6 Sandy Bridge chips. The reason is that the BLT ringbuffer is buggy on these chips and locks up. My humble guess is that all Sandy Bridge Pentium and Celeron are stepping 6 chips with buggy GPU, hence only "HD". At least this is the case with a Celeron B810 which I have sitting here.

Patching the Mac SNB driver for HD2000 should be possible IMVHO because the changes are relatively small - given enough time and a proper decompiler.

HD only Sandy Bridge chips (Pentium/Celeron) will probably never work satisfactory with the Sandy Bridge driver.

Cheers

Geejay

have you a KP with artefact or a freeze with artefact or does it work (lion desktop, you can run finder,etc..) but you have artefact using it?

Does the DSDT duallink edit thinger seem like it would help those of us with the HD 2000? I have a DSDT.aml in /Extra, but I don't think it doesn't anything, as my system performs just as it did without one.

sketcher said:
Good news seem like update to 10.7.1 completely solved artifact/gliches/garbage. Now Intel HD3000 work perfectly with QE/CI.

Weird...using your kexts on 10.7.2 beta worked fine (except for an occasional glitch)...going to 10.7.1 with your kexts I have a TON of artifacts and when going to mission control all of my boxes are pixelated garbage...

What system definition do you use?

just want to say i used this method to modify the graphics kexts from the 10.7.1 update and it seems like performance is a lot better.

in 10.7.0 i was experiencing green horizontal lines and artifacts over video, specifically 1080i prores video in final cut pro x. after some time editing the lines would show up and i'd have to restart the machine or it would eventually lock. i updated to 10.7.1, replaced the ids mentioned in the first post (i also have a 0x01128086) in both files and i have not had the problem since. in fact i've had no graphical artifacts. i have been looping an edited 1080i prores sequence in final cut, playing flash video, listening to music in spotify, and had minecraft running, all for the past hour or two and i have not had the artifacts. this is with dual displays via dvi and hdmi-dvi.

edit: spoke too soon. still getting the green horizontal lines =/

pdawg1717 said:
sketcher said:
Good news seem like update to 10.7.1 completely solved artifact/gliches/garbage. Now Intel HD3000 work perfectly with QE/CI.

Weird...using your kexts on 10.7.2 beta worked fine (except for an occasional glitch)...going to 10.7.1 with your kexts I have a TON of artifacts and when going to mission control all of my boxes are pixelated garbage...

What system definition do you use?

i5 2500k
Gigabyte H67MS-D2H-B3

10.7.2 beta is not bad for me but 10.7.1 is a whole lot better(near perfect but just got a freeze once when i connect to my LCDTV yesterday, part of that everything is fine.)

Didi you try a cleaned install?

djronji said:
just want to say i used this method to modify the graphics kexts from the 10.7.1 update and it seems like performance is a lot better.

in 10.7.0 i was experiencing green horizontal lines and artifacts over video, specifically 1080i prores video in final cut pro x. after some time editing the lines would show up and i'd have to restart the machine or it would eventually lock. i updated to 10.7.1, replaced the ids mentioned in the first post (i also have a 0x01128086) in both files and i have not had the problem since. in fact i've had no graphical artifacts. i have been looping an edited 1080i prores sequence in final cut, playing flash video, listening to music in spotify, and had minecraft running, all for the past hour or two and i have not had the artifacts. this is with dual displays via dvi and hdmi-dvi.

edit: spoke too soon. still getting the green horizontal lines =/

Please try this: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28851

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back