CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've been trying to get my HP Notebook 2000 (2B89WM) to work fully. I'm getting further with it in El Capitan then I did with High Sierra or Mojave. However, I still can't get accelerated graphics. When I try to use the config.plist recommended in "[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover " ( config_HD3000_1366x768_7series.plist) I can't boot at all. No drives (either my "Hackintosh HD" or "Recovery") show up in Clover on reboot. I then have to boot from USB (which does show my drives), get back in to the desktop, copy EFI from USB to HDD, and start all over again. There is some good advice for HD3000 on 6/7 series for desktop at "Intel HD 3000 Graphics Fix for OS X El Capitan using Clover", but I'm not sure how that relates to what I need to do in config.plist on a laptop.

Suggestions?

Update - I was able to glean the following information from several guides re: HD3000 on series 7:

<key>AddProperties</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Selects desktop HD3000 framebuffer</string>
<key>Device</key>
<string>IntelGFX</string>
<key>Key</key>
<string>AAPL,snb-platform-id</string>
<key>Value</key>
<data>
EAADAA==
</data>
</dict>
</array>

and

HD3000 on 7-series requires additional settings:

config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddDTGP_0001=true
config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddIMEI_80000=true
config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IMEI=0x1c3a8086

In Clover Configurator that resulted in the following settings:

config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/change GFX0 to IGPU
config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddIMEI = True
config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddDTGP = True
config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IMEI = 0x1C13A8086
config.plist/Devices/Add Properties/Device = IntelGFX
config.plist/Devices/Add Properties/Key = AAPL,snb-platform-id
config.plist/Devices/Add Properties/Value = EAADAA==
* the last 3 are all one row under "Add Properties"

Reboot took nearly twice as long as it did with a IntelGFX fake ID but IT WORKS!!!

Hopefully this helps anyone else banging their head on this problem.

Now, on to battery, power management and audio.

I can't boot at all. No drives (either my "Hackintosh HD" or "Recovery") show up in Clover on reboot. I then have to boot from USB (which does show my drives), get back in to the desktop, copy EFI from USB to HDD, and start all over again.
You forgot to put HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI. RehabMan's config.plist's disable VboxHfs.efi.

fivos1996 that is from another thread, and I got around it by not using that config at all. The above workaround has fixed my video acceleration woes.

Admin, this workaround is now also working perfectly in Mojave. You may want to link it to that forum also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back