Contribute
Register

HD3000 integrated video "Best for display" resolution oddity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having the same kinds of issues.

I remembered that with the integrated graphics in Lion, I had to change my system definition to "Mac Mini".

Not sure what that does, but it solved my booting issues (hanging up without the GE=No line), and solved resolution issues (even with the resolution in the plist, and with the additional lines of code listed above it would not use hardware acceleration at all, and would not let me change resolutions at all).

Again, not sure why, but it fixed my problems by just installing the system definition for a Mac Mini out of MultiBeast.

"Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32@60" worked for me too. Thanks!

So I tried updating my system definitions to Mac Mini and tried the "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32@60" however neither of these worked. Any other ideas?

I am having the same issue, only unplugging the monitor or manually changing the settings fixes the resolution.

So I tried updating my system definitions to Mac Mini and tried the "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32@60" however neither of these worked. Any other ideas?

If I choose to use the definition of Mac_Mini I get a kernel panic and can't boot with any flags. Must re-install. Only luck with my setup is Mac_Pro3,1 however this doesn't give me any HD3000 goodness. Also note that I could not use Chimera at all as it would break my setup 100% of the time. Z77-DS3H

Try this scottphillips88. I had 2 issues one was the resolution issue and the other one was icloud and app store login issue.
This below method fixed both of my issues. it may work for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ERhsM9pFGI

hope this helps.

I really appreciate the reply! I'll give that a go and report back here for others! THANKS

I was experiencing the 1/4 or "stretched" screen problem at login / desktop. Chameleon bootloader was using a lower res by default but showing ok.

Adding "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32" fixed my stretch problem and upgraded the bootloader resolution.

Thanks!

I inserted "npci=0x3000" before "darkwake=0</string>" in chameleon.boot.plist and 1080 resolution in MiltiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back