Contribute
Register

HD3000 Artifacts: What's the solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should follow the links in that post so you can understand what is going on...

Well, I did some research and found out that OS X uses the board id in the SMBios to decide amongst different display connector types. The macbook pro 8,1 SMBios defaults to LVDS which theoretically is what I want... I'll play around with different SMBioses and see if I can find anything that works better. It's odd to me that no one else with an XPS 13 sandy bridge has this issue (maybe slight graphical artifacts don't annoy them). I will report back if playing around with the SMBios some more leads to any discoveries or if I find a fix method.

I have the same issue, I'm running clover on a custom laptop with sandy bridge, I've got everything up and running, vanilla setup with a few kexts loaded to the kext efi folder (bluetooth, battery, and devices masks), DSDT + SSDTs all at its best, Clover got the correct resolution from EDID upon booting etc, a week ago I fixed those artifacts with the slide=0 argument, and the results were AWESOME, not even a line glitched for 5 days. But, here they are, glitches are back! even though I haven't touched any settings in my EFI clover.

I have the same issue, I'm running clover on a custom laptop with sandy bridge, I've got everything up and running, vanilla setup with a few kexts loaded to the kext efi folder (bluetooth, battery, and devices masks), DSDT + SSDTs all at its best, Clover got the correct resolution from EDID upon booting etc, a week ago I fixed those artifacts with the slide=0 argument, and the results were AWESOME, not even a line glitched for 5 days. But, here they are, glitches are back! even though I haven't touched any settings in my EFI clover.
Did you do EC reset?

Did you do EC reset?
I just EC reseted, I haven't seen any artifact yet...

I'll post if I get them again or after a few more days of use if it was fixed, this is the kind of threads that help people just by googling their issues.

I solved my issues using "EDID notebook installer" it's a tool which bakes in an override to keep it consistent. worked for me, no glitches. I'm going to do a reinstall because I've messed with my kext folder a bit too much and I want to keep everything as uniform and perfect as possible. I also want to do a clover installation from the get go as well as use clover's on the fly kexts

I just EC reseted, I haven't seen any artifact yet...

I'll post if I get them again or after a few more days of use if it was fixed, this is the kind of threads that help people just by googling their issues.

After some use, many hours yesterday coding with Xcode, watching youtube and some hearthstone matches, I can confirm artifacts are gone, slide=0 does do the job! EC reset helps as well.

After some use, many hours yesterday coding with Xcode, watching youtube and some hearthstone matches, I can confirm artifacts are gone, slide=0 does do the job! EC reset helps as well.

Where to set this Slide=0. Please explain how to do. I want to know your laptop is Machintosh or Hackintosh.

Where to set this Slide=0. Please explain how to do. I want to know your laptop is Machintosh or Hackintosh.

It is slide=0, not Slide=0. It is a Kernel Flag. Kernel Flags are case sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back