Graphics
PowerColor 5750 1G / HD3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
After upgrading to HS artifacts would show up after some period of time and occasionally i'll get screen freeze and the only way to fix it is to reset. I've various configuration removing the connector patch and Inject Intel but to no avail. This configuration previously worked fine in Sierra.

Also Cinebench would fail on OpenGL Image Reference Test

My System is GA B75M-HD3 + 2500K (Mixed configuration), 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Dual Monitor (HDMI + DVI 1920x1080*2)

All looks fine in IOReg and all required kexts are loaded correctly

Attached are my clover dir, ioreg and output of kextstat

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 06.07.16.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 06.07.16.png
    32 KB · Views: 260
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 06.54.20.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 06.54.20.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 230
  • CLOVER.zip
    519.8 KB · Views: 110
  • ioreg.zip
    555.5 KB · Views: 116
  • bootlog.log.txt
    24.1 KB · Views: 296
After upgrading to HS artifacts would show up after some period of time and occasionally i'll get screen freeze and the only way to fix it is to reset. I've various configuration removing the connector patch and Inject Intel but to no avail. This configuration previously worked fine in Sierra.

Also Cinebench would fail on OpenGL Image Reference Test

My System is GA B75M-HD3 + 2500K (Mixed configuration), 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Dual Monitor (HDMI + DVI 1920x1080*2)

All looks fine in IOReg and all required kexts are loaded correctly

Attached are my clover dir, ioreg and output of kextstat

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
check for kexts that have persisted from previous installs, you’ll likely find some random kext that doesn’t belong... remove as many as you can.

fastest way to find em is SYSTEM PROFILE —> Extensions, then sort by vendor name. all the non apple ones will be at the bottom.

also try unplugging all usb devices except kb and mouse - plug those into front panel or other non-usb3 ports.

i’ve had the multibeast installer crash a couple of times, proving how sensitive it can be about even current kexts (or maybe usb devices, or a combination of both)

you can also install lilo and whatever green, while disabling all your clover patches... it doesn’t actually fix the problem, but it’s a good distraction :)

btw - freezes for me always involve HDD light being stuck on. there’s also a version where only the screen freezes and you can still ssh or otherwise remotely access the machine, but i seem to have fixed that one somewhere along the line.

p.s. the test system i’m using is still crashing, but it’s down to once a day. used to be 4 hours, before that half an hour.

personally, i’ll be trying a different display type next — currently using DVDI, but VGA works and has never had artifacts (unlike DVDI).

consider swapping to a fresh install on a spare drive, just to confirm you can actually run without freezing.

also be wary of dsdt.aml, it probably is not your friend.

unfortunately i have no room to install external GPU, so cannot actually be sure that there is any relationship between HD3000 and freezing, though it’s my unsupported opinion that if it can’t draw on screen without artifacts, heaven only knows what random bits of memory are being mangled.

I have finally solved HD3000 crashing issues under 10.3.6

The crashes (in which the HDD LED is stuck on) are not due to to the HD3000, but rather the ICH10 SATA controller that are present on most (if not all) series 6 motherboards.

Copy the AppleAHCIPort clover patches from the guide at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...3-on-gigabyte-ga-p55m-ud4-msi-gtx-970.288253/ — a lot of the other steps are also applicable to series 6 gigabyte mobos.

1FEA78D9-CE05-47B1-B098-1CFCB47E04EA.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back