Contribute
Register

HD3000 and AMD Graphics, Working Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Toleda for this, and for all of your other help.

Please don't hesitate to tell me if this is too off topic, but what I am wondering is:
Is it possible to have a non-supported card installed (GTX 680 is what I am specifically wondering about), yet only use HD3000 graphics within osx? This way, the 680 would be used in windows, and HD3000 would be used in osx. My monitor has dvi and hdmi inputs, so I could just switch inputs depending on which OS I am in.

Is this a possible/ realistic scenario?
Thank you!

my motherboard: ga-z68xp-ud4
my cpu: i7 2600k

Bummer. I guess I misunderstand your comment about success with HD3000/GTX 570 HD?

I'm in the queue for EVGA's step-up program to upgrade my GTX570 to 680.. I leaning more and more towards just sticking with my 570, which is working beautifully in my system.

Hi toleda my bad for giving wrong ioreg, i manage to solve my problem, you see the problem is i need to force init display first to onboard instead of PCIE X16 in Bios.

With force init display to onboard the HD3000 display will boot without KP at all :)
Now time to attempt enabling HDMI audio on HD3000 :p Since multibeast has support for it now :). By the way thanks i'm using your H67N-USB3-B3 F7 DSDT with no problems :)

Thanks once again Toleda for the wonderful help and time

Re: HD3000 and AMD Graphics, Working Together - RESOLVED

I've had every things working great with 5 monitors on 10.7.3 AMD and HD3000.

After a 10.7.4 update I've lost my HD3000, no next loaded ?

Using the same dsdt that was working fine...

Anyone else have issues after the update?

Thanks in advance

Resolved: I injected model 0x126 via the dsdt and now the HD3000 is seen correctly again :)

i just test it on my GA-H67MA-D2H - i52500K - GeForce GT220 - HD3000
and is working great, now i have set 3 monitors. :headbang:
macmini 5.1 smbios used.

a small problem i found is that after a Shut Down of the computer
i have always to do it again, is not permanent
i have to
BIOS settings
Advanced BIOS Features
1. Init Display First: (User Preference)
a. Onboard
b. PCIE x16 Onboard
2. Onboard VGA: Always Enable
Save and Exit.

Boot to OS X the HD3000 (1 Monitor working only, the one in HD3000) and then reboot go Bios settings again and
change back to

BIOS settings
Advanced BIOS Features
1. Init Display First: (User Preference)
a. PCIE x16
b. Onboard
2. Onboard VGA: Always Enable
Save and Exit.

after that the 3 monitor are working again but need to do it always after a Shut Down. Toleda with your setup is permanent or you always do it again after a Shut Down.

Thanks Toleda for the information. :D :headbang:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 2.png
    2.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 237
  • 3.png
    3.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 4.png
    4.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 257
Hey guys, am I out of luck with an ATI 4650? Followed the steps, and I only have the HD300 and one port working on the 4650. That's the best I've been able to do.

Thanks to all of you I have got my Nvidea 560 GTX Ti working with my onboard HD3000 on my Z68 board. Here's a link to my step by step based on the knowledge from Toleda and mmaenpaa and SanguinaryPC.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=386687#p386687

My system profiler does not show the HD3000, nevertheless it is working.

Nice, good job working this out.

I was looking into something like this and then I went and bought a GTX580 which now runs both screens. I guess now I know I can run 3 screens using my onboard i5 2500k gpu aswell.

Will this work without a DSDT? My Asus mobo doesn't have one in the database. Can I make my own DSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back