Contribute
Register

HD3000 and AMD Graphics, Working Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
for some reason my monitor doesn't even acknowledge that it's plugged into the motherboard.

just displays an unconnected message.

Not sure why.

mobo - gigabyte ga-z68xp-ud3-issd, i7 2600k and hd 6870.

This also works :

Screen Shot 2012-03-02 at 19.49.19.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-03-02 at 19.49.19.png
    Screen Shot 2012-03-02 at 19.49.19.png
    101.2 KB · Views: 436
I sure wish it was that easy to get it working on our Probook 4530's :cry:
Toleda as you seem to be very experienced in programming to make systems compatible do you think you could have a look at the probook and see if there's anything you can do?
I think that if it's possible to make the descrete card work on 1 make of laptop that it would open so many doors for other models with the same senario.
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=36203&p=316901&hilit=6470m#p316901

moviemakergr said:
The smbios on macmini always ?
You can use any smbios you want as long as HD3000 is recognized. That means you have to edit kexts or add dsdt injection for working device_ids. The macmin5,1 smbios and Chimera take care of those details.

Hi toleda,
I've tried enabling the mac mini smbios definitions as well as trying either the hdmi port 1 or 2 on my GA-H67N-USB3 but it seems not to be able to detect at all the HD3000, i'm currently using the Gigabyte HD6850 graphics card and i need to use " PCIRootUID=0 " to be able to boot into lion.

I tried forcing init onboard gfx first in bios. hdmi which is connected to my tv. i added -v during boot and it shows all the verbose message , however as soon as it boots into lion, my HD6850 takeovers the screen with the onboard HDMI doing nothing else.

Do i need to go the path of patching the DSDT as per the HDMI audio enabling to be able to get the Graphics working and detected for the HD3000. as currently the system seems not to be able to detect at all the onboard HD3000

I'm using Lion 10.7.3 and also the latest multibeast and User DSDT from the DSDT Database which matches my bios version number.

Just wondering if i'm doing anything wrong. Thanks so much for your time and help.

Toyogo said:
Hi toleda,
I've tried enabling the mac mini smbios definitions as well as trying either the hdmi port 1 or 2 on my GA-H67N-USB3 but it seems not to be able to detect at all the HD3000, i'm currently using the Gigabyte HD6850 graphics card and i need to use " PCIRootUID=0 " to be able to boot into lion.

Just wondering if i'm doing anything wrong. Thanks so much for your time and help.
Suggest removing the 6850 and get HD3000 working. HD3000 needs the macmin5,1 system definition and Chimera 1.8 or newer. Reply with copy of IOReg.

Hi Toleda this is the output of running ioreg in the terminal with the hd6850 still plugged in,

on a side note, i tried to enable the HD3000 graphics by using your pre edited DSDT from the Lion HDMI Audio for GA-H67N-USB3-B3 F7 as mine is the same version as well.

During boot up it KP. KP output on monitor and on HDMI of HD3000 there is a empty desktop background in light blue / grey .

i has to replace back the original unmodified DSDT to get the machine to boot back

Attachments

• ioreg.txt.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 89
Toyogo said:
Hi Toleda this is the output of running ioreg in the terminal with the hd6850 still plugged in.
Can't use .txt files. IORegistryExplorer/File?Save a Copy As..., open the file to verify and attach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back