Contribute
Register

HD Webcam Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Logitech C270, and it works well (Once in a while I have to reconnect it, because the Mic is mute).
It shows up as "Unknown USB Audio Device":

Unknown USB Audio Device:

Input Channels: 1
Manufacturer: Unknown Manufacturer
Current SampleRate: 16000
Transport: USB

Do all Logitech web cams behave that way? Is there a way to rename it (I already know of the Aggregate Device workaround)

Thanks
Andrej

Logitech E3500 (oldie!) working out of the box.

I have a Hewlett Packard HD 5210 webcam and am having audio trouble using OSX 10.8.2. It gives a distorted sound and is incomprehensible sometimes. I have tried all USB sockets on my ga-x58a-ud5 including the USB 3 ones and I still get the same problem. It definately is the sound driver but how to solve that I don't know. The USB sound is confirmed in the 'System Preferences' under 'Audio' and then 'Input'. Have I bought a wrong webcam? Is there a chart for comparing webcams for hackintoshes?
Cheers!

Logitech C310 works OOB and perfectly on ML10.8.3 for me :)

Hello guys,

I just bought the C310 and didn't work for me. Do I really need to reinstall the OS? I rebooted a couple of times and nada. Need a little guidance

Thanks

Hi Andrej,
have the same problem you have (looses microphone input). I bought a normal (not designed for MAC) C525 that works oob with no audio problems, I was not able to solve the C270 microphone problems.
Best regards,
Kai

wondering if u need to setup anything on Mountain Lion to work with c615?

I recently purchased this cam but I can't use it. My mountain lion 10.8.2 can see it in the System Report USB but when i turn on my Facetime and Photo booth I don't see anything.

when i turn on Photo Booth, under Camera menu it selected Logitech camera but i keep getting the spinning idling icon.

when I turn on Facetime, I don't get any Facetime window although under Video pulldown menu, C615 mic is selected.....?????

although i've read that I don't need to install their driver and it still able to work, I ended up installing the sw but still NADA!

katie

SOLVED: thanks to the last post @ http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=54976, I had to roll back to legacy USB kext from Multibeast
ML.

thanx.

kate

I have the same issue with a Logitech C615 webcam, i.e. it appears in the system profiler but won't show up as an available device in FaceTime or PhotoBooth.

It seems that the previous forum link where the issue was sorted out is now dead or missing.

Anybody has an idea of how to resolve this?

BTW I'm on Mavericks w/ a P5Q motherboard, no other issues :thumbup:

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back