i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
I was wondering if there is a compatible HD PCIE tuner card for OSX, I have read that there are some for windows yet are unable to find one that is with OSX. I live in the Uk and currently using Sky HD and would like to cancel it and use my Hackintosh as a complete entertainment package. There are some great cards available for around £50-70. I can use satellite dish and the LNB connections that already exist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Willow

Had the same idea a year ago but gave up frustrated. No way to get any receiver card with drivers for OS X.
There are only USB solutions as manufactures don't see a market in MacPro installations but in iMac users.

Yeah I agree, Banging my head against the wall. I have had the Elgato up and running since Monday and recording, its actually really good. I'm surprised over 350 channels. Only issue is that I can use the Device to wake from sleep to record yet once its finished it will not auto-sleep. C'ant actually get my system to auto sleep in Energy Saver but thats another issue!

Thanks for your Reply..

Willow

C'ant actually get my system to auto sleep in Energy Saver but thats another issue!

My system didn´t sleep until I changed the dvd to a recommended one (sony optiarc) but then still with the issue, that it only auto-sleeped once within a boot cycle: Once awake it wouldn´t sleep again. Maybe you tried it already but for me "PleaseSleep" works fine.
http://www.dragonone.com/products/macosx/pleasesleep/

My system didn´t sleep until I changed the dvd to a recommended one (sony optiarc) Maybe you tried it already but for me "PleaseSleep" works fine.

I'm using a Liteon drive at present but did read in the functionality forum that the sony optiarc enables sleep. Yet I have sleep working perfectly, haven't rebooted since monday and its been sleeping when not in use. First problem I had was the Bios reset on 2nd sleep. Solved this with the patched AppleRTC. Not the one from MB. Now auto sleep works only to the point of display sleep. I Added that drive to my wish list, today I am going to unplug the liteon and see if it auto sleeps.

Pleasesleep...I have read that it isn't working in ML. Have not tried it my self. trying the disc drive option 1st.

Thanks a lot Say Heading

Willow

My system didn´t sleep until I changed the dvd to a recommended one (sony optiarc) but then still with the issue, that it only auto-sleeped once within a boot cycle: Once awake it wouldn´t sleep again. Maybe you tried it already but for me "PleaseSleep" works fine.

Say heading your are a legend. You are have obviously plugged and plugged to get this to work. Tried unplugging Opt drive, no success. Unplugged all usb's, No success. Before ordering the Sony drive I used the link that you added. Hey Presto. Works flawlessly. Thanks so much. You given me full functionality of the Elgato Eye TV without the added cost of electric and another Opt drive.

Thanks so much.

Willow.

p.s Guess they have updated the Pleasesleep app for ML. SUCCESS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back