Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> HD (for Backup) not recognised in High Sierra but is in ML 10.8?? SOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P67A-UD3P B3 (F9)
CPU
i7 2600k 4.2GHz
Graphics
Geforce GT 610 2048MB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
HI all, I've got a dual boot Hackintosh with ML 10.8.5 and HS 10.13.6 on separate SSD's.

I also have an internal 1TB 'audio drive/back up drive' (7,200RPM WD Black) that is formatted as OSX HFS+. All drives are internal SATA drives.

When I'm booted in ML the 1TB audio drive is visible and operational. When I boot in HS it asks to initialise the audio drive (that has 900GB worth of files on it).

What's gone wrong here? I don't have AFPS on my build. All my drives are HFS+. How is ML 'more advanced' in recognising and reading a HFS+ drive than HS?

Whenever I search for help on this it just comes up with 'USB drives not recognised is HS'. But my issue is: Internal SATA HFS+ drive not recognised in HS but is recognised is other OSX versions. I've even taken the WD Black drive out, put it in an external enclosure and read it via USB on a Mojave Macbook - but HS won't recognise it??

Any ideas would be appreciated.

While it was in the External Enclosure, did you try it with High Sierra? Did it recognise the drive when connected via USB?

Have you tried using a different SATA cable and changing the SATA port it is connected through?

SOLVED!! Just install AppleAHCIPort.kext and drive is recognised. As far as my research goes, this is specifically an Apple OSX problem in High Sierra with Western Digital drives.
I looked at the following post and downloaded the Kext from there:

Before this, I couldn't even format the drive in High Sierra - now it runs like any other OSX version! Really happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back