CPU
Graphics
hd6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i have googled, and looked at all the posts, and no one seems to be able to give a good way of sorting this out.

i have installed my new 6870 wich works perfectly, except for the bl00dy fan, whihc is running at 100% all the time.

all i did was take ou tmy old GT240, and stick this new one in, as soon as it gets past the apple boot screen, boom up to 100% speed!!

annoying, some guy managed to sort it by sticking a diferent GPU cooler on it, but there must be a way of sorting this out surely?

xfx hd 6870
HD-687A-ZHFC

any help greatfuly recieved.

user dsdt, GE=Y, thats it.

Right

Just bought an xfx pro 750 psu.
It has more than enough power to ensure the 6870 has enough juice.
I'll do a clean lion install tonight, and report back if this solve the issue

It looks like my CIT psu is not actually powerful enough and this may be causing the fan / heat issues.

I'll let you know, then update wiki

Doing a clean install won't make any difference at all. I've done about 3 clean install of LION (not because of the fan) and it hasn't fixed it. Surely there must be a way to control the gpu fan speed. Let me know if you find a fix or anything.

:)

JRedford said:
Doing a clean install won't make any difference at all. I've done about 3 clean install of LION (not because of the fan) and it hasn't fixed it. Surely there must be a way to control the gpu fan speed. Let me know if you find a fix or anything.

:)

I found a fix, by way of a new cooler fan from accelero, it's the twin turbo pro!!

amazing cooling and it's at least 300% quieter. Get one. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back