Contribute
Register

HD 5500 QE/CI working but a minor issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 250 G5 (81EF) Clover UEFI
CPU
i3 5005u
Graphics
HD 5500 (1366x768)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi. I have almost everything working on my laptop and here's a small issue I have. Previously when I had only Core Image working, the cursor would disappear from the shutdown screen when the spinning circle came up. Now sometimes the cursor stays there frozen (with the circle spinning), until the laptop shuts off. That normally happens when there's not CI working (like injecting an invalid ig-platform-id). So the results are:
No QE/CI: cursor stays there.
Only CI (by removing AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext): cursor disappears.
Both QE/CI: SOMETIMES cursor disappears.
So maybe it's a bug in WhateverGreen.kext? Problem reporting files attached with QE/CI working and showing the sympton on the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20181107_032601.jpg
    IMG_20181107_032601.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
  • Archive.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 54
Hi. I have almost everything working on my laptop and here's a small issue I have. Previously when I had only Core Image working, the cursor would disappear from the shutdown screen when the spinning circle came up. Now sometimes the cursor stays there frozen (with the circle spinning), until the laptop shuts off. That normally happens when there's not CI working (like injecting an invalid ig-platform-id). So the results are:
No QE/CI: cursor stays there.
Only CI (by removing AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext): cursor disappears.
Both QE/CI: SOMETIMES cursor disappears.
So maybe it's a bug in WhateverGreen.kext? Problem reporting files attached with QE/CI working and showing the sympton on the picture.

You have a lot of old/deprecated patches in KextsToPatch. You might want to clean that up and use current kexts/technique (WhateverGreen, AppleALC, AppleBacklightFixup, etc)

Also, AptioMemoryFix-64.efi preferred over OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

SSDT.aml not needed. Remove... use just config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.

Also, it looks like you used a buggy iasl to disassemble ACPI when you patched it. Consider re-extract/re-patch with current tools.

Also, it looks like you used a buggy iasl to disassemble ACPI when you patched it. Consider re-extract/re-patch with current tools.
Thanks for the suggestions. Does it look better now?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    67.5 KB · Views: 53

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 42

Attachments

• debug_27509.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back