Contribute
Register

HD 530 + GTX 650, is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @wildwillow.
It booted once with both connected to HD530, but now i need to w8 til i boot into osx and there i can plug in my HDMI and it works with 2 screens!

I will make the IOReg, can you just give me a link to a guide on how i can make an IOReg ? i have never done it before , sorry!

Hey @wildwillow.
It booted once with both connected to HD530, but now i need to w8 til i boot into osx and there i can plug in my HDMI and it works with 2 screens!

I will make the IOReg, can you just give me a link to a guide on how i can make an IOReg ? i have never done it before , sorry!
Ok, I'm not able to boot dual screens either on HD530.
Use this version of IORegistry Explorer at the bottom of Post#1. Instructions are also there too on how to make a copy.. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Ok, Tell me if i am doing something wrong here :) i just run the IoregistryExplorer from applications and saved the file.. correct ?
sorry never done this before.. try to follow the guide as best as i could.

Attachments

• neliuz’s iMac.ioreg
    7.6 MB · Views: 141
Ok, Tell me if i am doing something wrong here :) i just run the IoregistryExplorer from applications and saved the file.. correct ?
sorry never done this before.. try to follow the guide as best as i could.
Correct. Your IOReg shows that AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy is loading, this will be the reason as to why you're getting a black screen on your 980. Go to Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition and download the App attached to Post#1. Run the App and restart, the untouched version of the edited kext will be saved to your desktop.

Suggest connecting 2 monitors up to your 980 and one to your motherboard, this will save you plugging in another monitor at the desktop. Once you get to the desktop, make another copy of IOReg and attach it. Fingers crossed you should have all working monitors from this point.

Alright, run the AGDPfix.app and restarted. Nothing :( Thought it could be something with the IGPU booting up as first priority so i rebooted gone to BIOS and changed to PCIe graphics. Loaded til the apple logo and it switched to the HD530 again making GTX black screen again. Nothing :(
here is the new IOReg for you.

Attachments

• neliuz’s iMac-2.ioreg
    7.7 MB · Views: 124
Alright, run the AGDPfix.app and restarted. Nothing :( Thought it could be something with the IGPU booting up as first priority so i rebooted gone to BIOS and changed to PCIe graphics. Loaded til the apple logo and it switched to the HD530 again making GTX black screen again. Nothing :(
here is the new IOReg for you.
AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy is still loading on your 980 hence the black screen. IGPU needs to be set to primary. I'm testing this on my system with HD530 and my GTX970 and I have both working. In your config.plist/KernelsandKextPatches/KextsToPatch could you remove the device policy patch and in your boot arguments remove dart=0. Test boot/2 screens one to HD530 and one to the 980, reply with IOReg.

Just to be sure, you've connected your monitors up on the last test. IOReg on shows one monitor connected on HD530?

Yeah, i just did not plug in the HDMI to the IntelHD530

Remove This one? :

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>(c)Pike R. Alpha</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
Ym9hcmQtaXg=
</data>
</dict>

Yeah, i just did not plug in the HDMI to the IntelHD530

Remove This one? :

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>(c)Pike R. Alpha</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
Ym9hcmQtaXg=
</data>
</dict>
Yes remove that one.

WOW, you are a genius :):):) THANK YOU SOOO MUCH !!!! I have been googling and posting screenshots on this forum for 3 days now, and then you come and just fix it right away! Thank you thank you!!!!

Now i only need sound coming from my thunderbolt screen and webcam - do you know anything about that @wildwillow ?
Here is the IOReg for you again :) cant believe it... you ROCK!!!

Attachments

• neliuz’s iMac-3.ioreg
    7.6 MB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back