Contribute
Register

HD 4600 HDMI causes reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a MSI GP60 2PE 422-XES Laptop with El Capitan installed on it, all works almost perfect except HDMI and obviously VGA, (and other things like card reader, but those are not interesting for me). My issue is that my laptop has a Haskell i5-4210H processor that comes with the Intel HD4600 Graphics and the Nvidia GT840M Graphics card that i have disabled by nv_disable boot-arg.

I have installed the drivers (kext) to make the HD 4600 work, and I have it working perfectly with full QE/CI, but when I plug the HDMI connector into the laptop it causes a reboot, this appears all the times when I plug the HDMI connector.

I have installed the drivers for the HD 4600 from this source:
the kext that I have installed for this are:

- FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400
- FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics
- FakePCIID

Does someone knows how to solve this problem? I have opened IORegistryExplorer too when the system reboot (without unplug the HDMI) and nothing appears, please someone help me with this problem.

Thanks.

Hi, I have a MSI GP60 2PE 422-XES Laptop with El Capitan installed on it, all works almost perfect except HDMI and obviously VGA, (and other things like card reader, but those are not interesting for me). My issue is that my laptop has a Haskell i5-4210H processor that comes with the Intel HD4600 Graphics and the Nvidia GT840M Graphics card that i have disabled by nv_disable boot-arg.

I have installed the drivers (kext) to make the HD 4600 work, and I have it working perfectly with full QE/CI, but when I plug the HDMI connector into the laptop it causes a reboot, this appears all the times when I plug the HDMI connector.

I have installed the drivers for the HD 4600 from this source:
the kext that I have installed for this are:

- FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400
- FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics
- FakePCIID

Does someone knows how to solve this problem? I have opened IORegistryExplorer too when the system reboot (without unplug the HDMI) and nothing appears, please someone help me with this problem.

Thanks.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi, thanks for your answer, I did the steps that you say in your guide of Intel IGPU HDMI/DP Audio but the DSDT patches doesn't work, I patched the DSDT and SSDT-7 files (the only ones that the patch could apply on) and nothing changes, I can't display on the HDMI monitor (the "Detect screens" doesn't appear) and on IORegistryExplorer doesn't appear that B0D3 has been renamed to HDAU.

I also have checked the option of FixHDMI on the New Way section of Clover Configurator and nothing changes too, I don't know if I need to disable Nvidia graphics via DSDT patch to make HDMI works, I only have selected nv_disable on Clover Configurator.

Can you help me with this? Thanks.

Hi, thanks for your answer, I did the steps that you say in your guide of Intel IGPU HDMI/DP Audio but the DSDT patches doesn't work, I patched the DSDT and SSDT-7 files (the only ones that the patch could apply on) and nothing changes, I can't display on the HDMI monitor (the "Detect screens" doesn't appear) and on IORegistryExplorer doesn't appear that B0D3 has been renamed to HDAU.

I also have checked the option of FixHDMI on the New Way section of Clover Configurator and nothing changes too, I don't know if I need to disable Nvidia graphics via DSDT patch to make HDMI works, I only have selected nv_disable on Clover Configurator.

Can you help me with this? Thanks.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back