Contribute
Register

HD 4000 to RX 570 GPU - mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've managed to do what I was trying to avoid, and messed up my boot to the point where I can successfully boot into a desktop.

I suspect I've accidentally change an option somewhere.

When I do a normal boot with verbose it takes a long time to boot but finnalt finishes the boot process but ends with a black screen and a cursor and nothing else.

I can boot to single user mode but it says it's not possible to make the root device writable.

The boot also gets stuck when trying to boot into recovery mode with verbose output.

In both normal and recovery mode boots with verbose they both seem to take a long time on 'AppleACPICPU'. Im able to access some boot options on the initial clover boot screen but I cant, currently get access to my config.plist.

Attachments

• 20190513_230119.jpg
    20190513_230119.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 52
  • 20190513_231032.jpg
    20190513_231032.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 36
Fixed it by using 'Boot with injected ktexts' from the clover boot menu. For some reason, Clover wasn't loading my kexts despite them being in the 'Other' folder location on the EFI drive. Very odd.
Did you manage to make the igpu working together with your radeon ?

Did you manage to make the igpu working together with your radeon ?
I don't believe so. I think it was one or the other. Which ever one you decide to use I think it had to be set as the default in the Clover Config or boot config. But to be honest, I can't quite remember as I ended up switching completely to the Radeon RX 570.

I don't believe so. I think it was one or the other. Which ever one you decide to use I think it had to be set as the default in the Clover Config or boot config. But to be honest, I can't quite remember as I ended up switching completely to the Radeon RX 570.
DO you have your EFI ? i am connected with displayport 1.4 to my 4k monitor and my intel hd 4000 won't support this resolution ! So i was wondering if i can make the intel hd 4000 working with the rx580 set as default for quicksync purpose ! Do you have an idea ?

DO you have your EFI ? i am connected with displayport 1.4 to my 4k monitor and my intel hd 4000 won't support this resolution ! So i was wondering if i can make the intel hd 4000 working with the rx580 set as default for quicksync purpose ! Do you have an idea ?

I'm afraid I'm not sure if having the HD4000 and RX 5870 will work together. From what I remember, when I had them, it was one or the other. I can share my current EFI with you, however, I only have the rx580 setup. I'm pretty certain I removed the HD4000 from the config.

Is the problem your having, that you're unable to connect your 2x displays to the rx580? Because of the connection ports on the back of the rx580? In my setup, I have 2x screens connected to the one card. 1x of them is a DVI connection and the other an Apple Display. Because the Apple Display screen only has a mini display port connecter, I had to buy an adapter to get it to connect to the RX580 GPU. This might be what you need to do as well?

I'm afraid I'm not sure if having the HD4000 and RX 5870 will work together. From what I remember, when I had them, it was one or the other. I can share my current EFI with you, however, I only have the rx580 setup. I'm pretty certain I removed the HD4000 from the config.

Is the problem your having, that you're unable to connect your 2x displays to the rx580? Because of the connection ports on the back of the rx580? In my setup, I have 2x screens connected to the one card. 1x of them is a DVI connection and the other an Apple Display. Because the Apple Display screen only has a mini display port connecter, I had to buy an adapter to get it to connect to the RX580 GPU. This might be what you need to do as well?
Ok thanks so you don't use the intel part ! I really want to use it but if it's not possible to use it as a secondary gpu maybe i'll give up !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back