Graphics
GIGABYTE GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok, scratching my head since weeks and looking on both here and google..

let's summarize the situation:

<- my setup is there

-I upgraded my bios to the UEFI version and followed memmerson's guide

-of course I enabled the integrated gfx in the bios (and tried different memory settings), but..

-..the installation of ML was painful until I plugged back my 560 Ti to finally get something on my display

- everything works perfectly now...except my HD 3000 which is not even listed in About this Mac / System Report

errors:

-If I plug both my display on the 560ti and TV on the hd3000> white screens
-display plugged on hd3000 only (have to force priority in the bios otherwise the screen auto-sleep)> depending on what I do, either a KP on the apple screen or green lines blinking or... a mix of both..

message before the apple screen:
ERROR: dcbtable_version is 0x1
ERROR: nVidia ROM Patching Failed!

I need it working because I want to use its HDMI for the audio, since I thought it would be easier to set it up that way instead of creating my own DSDT (UEFI...no choice...I get to many errors and I have no clue of what I'm doing) with all the edits afterwards...

any help on getting the hd3000 working or successful DSDT creation will appreciated

I've spent about two weeks trying to get a similar setup working, except I have a i5-2500k and a GTX 580... Go to About This Mac > More Information... > System Report and look the Graphics/Displays section. What is the device ID reported for your integrated GPU?

Next, follow the UEFI HD 3000 setup instructions in my second post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/69978-i5-2500k-device-id-0x0112-owners-thread-hd-3000-qe-ci.html

See if your device ID is already in the files, and if not, add it. The format is always "[device-id]8086", for example with a device ID of 0x0116 you would need to look for (and add if not present) 0x01168086.

If your machine does not boot afterwards, try using PCIRootUID=0 / PCIRootUID=1. For me =1 works. GraphicsEnabler=yes / GraphicsEnabler=no may also be of use.

Hmm...try that. In Bios Init Display First -> IGFX, Memory max 64MB (try it also with 32MB) and GE=NO

not better, half "color pixelated" screen and KP

forgot to say, right before the apple screen, it says

ERROR: dcbtable_version is 0x1
ERROR: nVidia ROM Patching Failed!

I've spent about two weeks trying to get a similar setup working, except I have a i5-2500k and a GTX 580... Go to About This Mac > More Information... > System Report and look the Graphics/Displays section. What is the device ID reported for your integrated GPU?

that's the thing, it is not even listed there.

EDIT:

used "system info" app

first green line on the attachment: the dev ID is 0102... should I follow your tutorial or try to get it listed in the system report first?

(second line: is that the HDMI audio output from my 560?)

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 319
From my testing, the DSDT modification (post #1) works for BIOS machines and kext Info.plist (post #2) works for UEFI.

You mentioned that you updated to the UEFI so assuming you've already setup the IGFX settings in your BIOS, add 0x01028086 to the device ID lists in the two Info.plist and you should be good to go.

From my testing, the DSDT modification (post #1) works for BIOS machines and kext Info.plist (post #2) works for UEFI.

You mentioned that you updated to the UEFI so assuming you've already setup the IGFX settings in your BIOS, add 0x01028086 to the device ID lists in the two Info.plist and you should be good to go.

yup, bios already set up.... and 0x01028086 was already in both plist...
I'll keep looking then

Thanks for your help!

Does your HD 3000 become listed in System Information when you try different combinations of GraphicsEnabler=yes/no or PCIRootUID=0/1? Also, even though it is not listed is QE/CI (acceleration) enabled? You will be able to tell by opening Dashboard or Safari's "Top Sites" - if it is not smooth and there is lots of flickering, QE/CI is disabled.

Still getting KP on boot screen with GraphicEnabler/PCIRootUID tricks when display plugged on the HD3000, and not changing the fact that it is not listed when using the 560Ti.

About the QE/CI on the HD3000, well I can't check that either since I never managed to boot using it including the first boot after install
(the 560Ti got QE/CI in case you're asking)

Really seems like the integrated gfx is dead....but it's working without any issue (DVI or HDMI) on Windows..

I could live without it anyway, but it is supposed to be working OOB, and here it can't even boot at all.

[Other option is to wait for an UEFI bios DSDT from Tonymac, if any, my need is to get HDMI-audio. As said, I can't create my own DSDT, and someone already provided one for my specific MB using the HD3000]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back