Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way I can contact you outside of the forums, as it seems as though we play a bit of a cat and mouse game here?

thank you

Erm....

No offence, but I don't really have the time to provide advice as and when you need it.

However, I have posted in your thread, so I will keep an eye on it and try to answer anything I can.

;)

UPDATE - 30/10/2015

Updated to El Capitan last night, quite simple, as I am running Clover.

However, some USB3 ports are not working, which is not so bad, as I have a USB3 hub which is running most of my external devices (HDD, audio, etc).

This build is almost 3 years old, and it is still extremely quick, handles everything (as expected).

I might update the motherboard and CPU next year, as well as larger SSDs & HDDs. I guess I will have a secondary system to build with the spare parts.......

First few posts have been updated to reflect the El Capitan install.

I will add the new benchmark screen grabs, and other pictures later when I get some time.

Hopefully, this little guide might help someone with a similar (or the same) motherboard/cpu/gpu combo as me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread.

:)

So, just after 2 years of having this case, it comes with a heavy heart that I have now extracted all of my components, and put them into a new case...... which will have it's own thread in another section of this forum (link added at a later date).

There are many reasons why I have decided to not use the Apple Mac Pro case, but mostly was the weight of the case, the inconvenience of doing cleaning/maintenance of inside the case, unplugging of drives, etc etc.

To be brutally honest, my Mac Pro was not very user friendly for the inner technician inside me. Last night proved that when I totally disassembled the PC in 1 hour!! The hardest part was removing the PSU, if you look at my photos of the build, and for anyone who has tried to route that many cables in this Mac Pro case will understand.

Another reason I decided to use a different case, was that I never saw what was inside of my case. I have some nice components, which look pretty cool, however, you cannot see them.

So, as you have probably have guessed already, the next case has windows (as such). Already the new build looks awesome.

Now, I have a Mac Pro case, and all the associated Apple case parts laying around doing nothing. I am sure I will find a buyer soon enough ;-).

Thanks for looking, and I will start the new thread soon enough.

Hi I'm new to this forum but have used it in the past for various projects. I was just curious exactly how you utilized the LianLi case to install the motherboard and power supply. I'm interested in doing this. A reply would be much appreciated!

Case Mods

I didn't take all the photos I wanted to; as I had already tried the JB Weld method, and documented that quite well. However, when I received the motherboard tray; I just jumped straight in, and forgot to take some pictures of the process.

So, I will just put some photos here of the finished build. I think you can see what I did from the photos.

insidehaximuspro.jpg
inside1.jpg

Cabling.JPG
cables.jpg

pciefan.jpg
pcie1.jpg

Rear.jpg
rear1.JPG

haximuspro.jpg
insitu.JPG

I noticed in the photo of the rear you used a dvi to vga converter did that work for you to get a second display? Last time I tried it it didn't work for me

I noticed in the photo of the rear you used a dvi to vga converter did that work for you to get a second display? Last time I tried it it didn't work for me

Yes, it worked perfectly fine for me, and I never experienced any issues with it.

Apologies for the late reply

Just re-uploaded the photos from the first couple of posts, as I took down a website which was hosting some stuff for me. Didn't realise that these photos were there.

Anyway, updated for people to see, and also put a little update notice in post 3 I believe.

Thanks for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back