Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Inspiron 11 3153
CPU
i3-6100u
Graphics
HD 520
So, i had been using VoodooHDA and its been working, but I wanted to try changing to AppleALC. I deleted VoodooHDA.kext, made sure Layout-ID is 3 (Conextant CX20722), and have AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext. MacOS is acting like it has an audio device, but its showing foreign characters and im getting no audio out of the speakers.

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 7.30.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 7.31.13 AM.png

Attachments

• debug_14570.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 45
So, i had been using VoodooHDA and its been working, but I wanted to try changing to AppleALC. I deleted VoodooHDA.kext, made sure Layout-ID is 3 (Conextant CX20722), and have AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext. MacOS is acting like it has an audio device, but its showing foreign characters and im getting no audio out of the speakers.

View attachment 409292
View attachment 409293
AppleALC.kext only works with a vanilla, clean, unpatched AppleHDA.kext, re run the macOS installer to refresh your kext (no need to wipe, just install over the top)

I have 10.14.5 right now, my installer is 10.14, will it revert me back to 10.14? I assume I should update my USB to 10.14.5 first?

I have 10.14.5 right now, my installer is 10.14, will it revert me back to 10.14? I assume I should update my USB to 10.14.5 first?
just download Mojave from the appstore and let it run

Ok, replaced the molested AppleHDA and now its in English, but still no audio from the speakers. BTW im using config_Skylake.plist to boot right now to make sure I had everything right before renaming to config.plist and replacing the old one.

Attachments

• debug_13106.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 34
Noticed that audio DOES work via headphones, only not from the internal speakers. Mic seems to work too

Ok, replaced the molested AppleHDA and now its in English, but still no audio from the speakers. BTW im using config_Skylake.plist to boot right now to make sure I had everything right before renaming to config.plist and replacing the old one.
lol!

now you need to update your config.plist with new stuff
Code:
<key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment-IRQ Fix</key>
                <string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>

and further down, you need to remove all the #
Code:
<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
                <key>#PinConfigurations</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>#hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>#no-controller-patch</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
            </dict>

also remove the audio bits in KextsToPatch as they won't be in use anymore

sorry,

set these to true:

Code:
<key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment-IRQ Fix</key>
                <string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>

Ok made the changes (though couldnt find any audio bits under kextstopatch?). Also, renamed config_Skylake.plist to config.plist, and renamed my old config.plist to config-old.plist and got rid of the other stuff in that folder. Still no internal speaker audio

Attachments

• debug_1470.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 22
Ok made the changes (though couldnt find any audio bits under kextstopatch?). Also, renamed config_Skylake.plist to config.plist, and renamed my old config.plist to config-old.plist and got rid of the other stuff in that folder. Still no internal speaker audio
you may try changing layout ID number:
Code:
<key>layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
according to your audio codec:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back