Contribute
Register

Having Trouble With Unibeast Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Carbon X1 Bios UFEI N2HET35W (1.18)
CPU
I7-8565
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Im following the well written guide for making a bootable USB drive for El Capitan to gain access to my existing install that won't boot. I wanted to make sure my USB bootable drive was correctly made so I was remaking it. At the point where I files are copied to the drive, the progress bar seems to not move from the 25% point for over 30 minutes. These seems quite too long. Could someone assist or suggest anything that might be going wrong. I get no errors, but no progress either.

Thanks!

Im following the well written guide for making a bootable USB drive for El Capitan to gain access to my existing install that won't boot. I wanted to make sure my USB bootable drive was correctly made so I was remaking it. At the point where I files are copied to the drive, the progress bar seems to not move from the 25% point for over 30 minutes. These seems quite too long. Could someone assist or suggest anything that might be going wrong. I get no errors, but no progress either.

Thanks!
It can take some considerable time especially with older hardware, have patience.

Additional info.

The USB BOOTABLE drive created using Unibeast has one partition called OSX Base system that appears to contain all files needed for El Capitan leaving only 1.98gb free.

I do not recall however the Unibeast creation instructions ever involving CREATING AN MBR which I thought was required for booting. Did I miss something in creating the Unibeast USB drive?

Did I miss something in creating the Unibeast USB drive?
You probably should read the installation guide again.

Thank you Pilgram I just thought there had to be something quite strange going on. Would up to a couple of hours be too long? Otherwise I'll try that now.

I will but am I correct in my reasoning that an MBR is indeed suppose to part of the creation steps? Thanks

Would up to a couple of hours be too long? Otherwise I'll try that now.
Usually it is all over in about half an hour but as stated previously it can take longer in some circumstances.
I would say that if it hasn't happened in two hours then it probably isn't going to.

I will but am I correct in my reasoning that an MBR is indeed suppose to part of the creation steps? Thanks
Read the guide and all is revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back