Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 780 Ti
I want to update from 10.14.3 to 10.14.4 via the direct software update feature. The updater tells me that it needs to restart and then I see a loading bar which fills about to about 10% to 15% and then the screen goes all black and nothing visible happens afterwards.

I'm using a Z390 Designare with a 9900K CPU (I'm not using the onboard GPU) and an Nvidia 780Ti GPU and I updated the bootloader as well as the crucial kexts lilu, applealc and whatevergreen.

Do I simply have to wait longer (maybe the black screen lasts for an hour?) or is the updater not able to utilize my GPU?

The most obvious fix would be to try enabling your intel GPU in BIOS and enable the "change eGPU to iGPU" patch in Clover configurator. Then try the installer.
Honestly if your build is stable on 10.4.2 there's no reason to risk stability on a minor update. Usually once I get my hack working I don't do the smaller updates.

The most obvious fix would be to try enabling your intel GPU in BIOS and enable the "change eGPU to iGPU" patch in Clover configurator. Then try the installer.
Honestly if your build is stable on 10.4.2 there's no reason to risk stability on a minor update. Usually once I get my hack working I don't do the smaller updates.

This is the first update that does this... all the minor updates before (I even updated to Mojave via the direct software update) went smoothly and this display turning black issue never happened. Is this minor update special in that regard?

I do have the same issue. Updated clover to 4910. Installed the update via App Store and since first restart the boot hangs at 10-15 % loading screen (that one with the Apple logo).

Ok, after a few restarts I'm back in the game. :D

All working fine now. Try to select macOS install drive instead of boot macOS from (your drive). Let it load, restart, then select your boot drive. Even with hard restarts, now it works.

Interesting. I had to do that during my initial Mojave install but I'm still too scared to update to 10.4.4! I'll stay at 10.4.2 for now...

Interesting. I had to do that during my initial Mojave install but I'm still too scared to update to 10.4.4! I'll stay at 10.4.2 for now...
recently i fresh install mojave 10.14.4 work like charm.no issue at all.i use latest clover bootloader and usb create with unibeast and install in 10 minutes.

I've just had the same issue. Cannot get beyond the Boot. I am a developer and now need to update to 10.14.4 I'm going to try the 10.14.6 combo update - I can't find a full Mojave 10.14.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back