Contribute
Register

Having trouble with Sapphire RX580 Pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem here, but it occurred just recently, AFTER I updated Lilu and WhateverGreen, although not immediately after. My Hackintosh has only Mac OS 10.14.6 on it. It now boots into an active state but the only thing on the display is a temporary bunch of purple horizontal lines... which go away quickly and leave a black screen. My RX 580 Nitro+ has been working for about a year, until just now.
Have you tried agdpmod=pikera boot arg.

agdp=pikera boot arg has no effect on the graphics card output. The card was working previously with earlier versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen, and also with the latest versions... for about a day. Booting works fine except for only purple lines followed by a black screen at the end of the process.

agdp=pikera boot arg has no effect on the graphics card output. The card was working previously with earlier versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen, and also with the latest versions... for about a day. Booting works fine except for only purple lines followed by a black screen at the end of the process.

Do you happen to have screen sharing enabled? Can you VNC in to there and try messing with the resolutions?

Typo above... I did use agdpmod=pikera, but the web page will not allow me to edit the typo; sorry.

At Clover boot screen hit the space bar once and go to "boot without injected kexts" select Other folder and check the box next to WEG and lily kexts try to boot without.

At Clover boot screen hit the space bar once and go to "boot without injected kexts" select Other folder and check the box next to WEG and lily kexts try to boot without.

Well hey, that was interesting. The space bar brings up a menu, which is set to the first item in the list. I use the "down" arrow to get to the "boot without injected kexts" line, and that works. But If I then click on the "boot without injected kexts" line to select it, the screen immediately goes black, and I never get to see the contents of that sub-menu. (It's as though the box for that line was already checked, but it wasn't!)

More stuff... I re-flashed my BIOS with same F7 version; no help. I updated my BIOS with QuickFlash to F8c (the latest for my Z390 I AORUS PRO motherboard); no help. Cleared CMOS, no help.

Attached here is a photo of Clover's "Graphics injector" menu. It says my graphics card is a RX 480; that's wrong, it's a RX 580. Tried both... no help. It says the "FB" (frame buffer) is a "Baladi," "06" ports. My graphics card has 5 ports. Tried port change, no help. Tried Orinoco in "FB," no help. Tried "RadeonFramebuffer," no help. Can anyone see anything else in the menu I should try? I really don't know what other entries mean. Keep in mind that this computer worked perfectly before updating Lilu and WhateverGreen to the latest versions, and that they are both installed in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and also in /Library/Extensions. Did WhateverGreen change the frame buffer to the wrong type?

Clover Graphic Injector.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back