Contribute
Register

Having trouble with Sapphire RX580 Pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of you making a boot USB to experiment with, just set bios to USB PMAP for boot overide. You could test different clover settings. Do you have another running system to make one?

Yes, the one I'm typing on. But I don't understand... I am testing using different Clover "settings," at least the different settings in the various menus in Clover "Options." What other settings do you mean?

Yes, the one I'm typing on. But I don't understand... I am testing using different Clover "settings," at least the different settings in the various menus in Clover "Options." What other settings do you mean?

There are a number of things to try
Drivers: UEFI (memoryfix, vs aptiofix, CSMdre, emuvariable).
Kexts: (WEG, Lilu, etc.).
Config.plist various settings like framebuffer, inject ATI etc.

Sometimes Clover gets corrupted, I’ve spent hours trying to get a drive to boot but after mounting the EFI from another Mac and removing the Clover folder and running a new clover install it worked. You can replace the Kexts folders, drivers, and config.plist one at a time to figure out what’s causing the problem.

First off **check your bios and disable IGPU if possible and try booting again.

I have tried with IGFX disabled and on "Auto," made no difference. So you are writing that if I install Clover on a USB flash drive and configure it in various ways, I can boot my problem computer from it if I hit the right combination of parameters? Can you explain how that works? It's hard for me to see the concept. Especially since no matter what I put on the USB drive, the latest versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen are sitting in my /Library/Extensions folder on the problem Hackintosh, and they may be causing the problem with my RX 580 Nitro+ graphics card.

I have tried with IGFX disabled and on "Auto," made no difference. So you are writing that if I install Clover on a USB flash drive and configure it in various ways, I can boot my problem computer from it if I hit the right combination of parameters? Can you explain how that works? It's hard for me to see the concept. Especially since no matter what I put on the USB drive, the latest versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen are sitting in my /Library/Extensions folder on the problem Hackintosh, and they may be causing the problem with my RX 580 Nitro+ graphics card.

juseon123,

Thanks; if I can remove those two extensions from /Library/Extensions via the Terminal command(s) in your link, that might fix my graphics problem. I'll try it.

Okay, decided to erase my #1 SSD and use my Unibeast-generated USB flash drive to re-install Mojave. That went fine, up through the last boot on #1 SSD... black screen. So I changed the USB's EFI package to match my SSD's EFI package, except I backdated Lilu from v1.4.2 to 1.4.1 and WhateverGreen from 1.3.7 to 1.3.6. Then once again I made a fresh install of Mojave 10.14.6. This time the RX 580 worked and I got the new OS setup screens. Unfortunately I then got the Apple notice for the 2020-001 Security and Safari updates, which like a dummy I downloaded and installed. And guess what? Now the black screen is back.

Finally, success... once more I did a fresh (re-)install of Mojave, and this time: no black screen. Plus the booting process is faster with no black-screen time between the Clover window and desktop display. But I am NOT going to do the security update again! Both my NVMe 1 TB Samsung 970 PRO SSDs work identically well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back