Contribute
Register

Having trouble updating to 10.13.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming there is a enough storage capacity, I would just create a new partition using disk utility and do a fresh install of 10.13.4 to that new partition and then use migration assistant to transfer data from 10.13.1.
If I did this would it make everything exactly like before? All my programs, installs, simlinks, etc etc etc be exactly like before?

Rather than doing a fresh install in a new partition, can I just go back in time machine to the first creation which was 2 weeks ago and before the attempt of update?

If you have taken the backup using time machine prior to upgrade, you can restore it to another partition.

If you have taken the backup using time machine prior to upgrade, you can restore it to another partition.

I started using time machine 2 weeks before the upgrade. So create new partition and then restore. Will I need to run a new MultiBeast, etc., or would I just use that new partition to try upgrading, and once it works delete the old partition?

I started using time machine 2 weeks before the upgrade. So create new partition and then restore. Will I need to run a new MultiBeast, etc., or would I just use that new partition to try upgrading, and once it works delete the old partition?

You can restore the backup to a new partition.

Already installed boot loader will be enough to boot the same. No need of running MultiBeast again.

Ok having a bit of a problem here. I have a 500GB drive. When I open up disk utility, it shows 244GB used, 1.27 in other volumes and 254 free. When I try to partition the drive it opens up the circle where you can drag. Its showing the largest I can create is 244GB and when I run it, it fails and says a problem occurred while resizing APFS Container structures.

I don't know what's in the "other volumes" that's taking up that space. Could it be the failed install of 10.13.4?

Also if I try to create a smaller partition and then restore from time machine, won't I be out of space for a full restore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back