Contribute
Register

Having Trouble Updating Directly to High Sierra from Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are quite correct. Sorry, I didn't look at your profile carefully. The GTX 980 will not work with Mojave or Catalina. IMHO, given your investment in a good working hack, you could stay with HS for now and save for a new AMD card (the RX580 can be found for ~$170)
Thank you for your answer! How can I know which version of NVIDIA web driver I should select when updating to High Sierra, keeping the GTX 980 card on my current build ?

The nvidia web driver for HS contains info for all relevant cards. See the download section on TonyMacx86 and select the one that matches your HS build

You are quite correct. Sorry, I didn't look at your profile carefully. The GTX 980 will not work with Mojave or Catalina. IMHO, given your investment in a good working hack, you could stay with HS for now and save for a new AMD card (the RX580 can be found for ~$170)
Why would you recommend the RX580 AMD card over others ?
I am stuck in NVIDIA driver problems after HS update and therefore reconsidering the AMD card option for my current build

I suggested the AMD RX 580 because it is AMD, supported by Apple, relatively affordable, and not too far off the performance to your GTX980. Of course, if you have more to spend or need better performance, go for a different AMD card.

I suggested the AMD RX 580 because it is AMD, supported by Apple, relatively affordable, and not too far off the performance to your GTX980. Of course, if you have more to spend or need better performance, go for a different AMD card.
Thanks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back