Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170 mx-gaming 5
CPU
Skylake i5-6600k
Graphics
internal
I have installed sierra on an Asus g750 laptop, and have been testing it a few weeks now. I have never had mac before, but I bougth a mac keyboard and a trackpad 2, and I am loving it so far! I will be using it for some personell Laravel development

But I have a few issues, mainly the second one is the one I need to have fixed before this is really usable. I followed this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321861-guide-asus-g750-sierra-10123/

First issue is that I cant get the main screen to turn of at all. I want it to turn off when I close the lid, but nothing happens when I close the lid. is there some guide out there on that issue that might help me with the laptop I got? I have been googling like crazy, but I cant seem to figure this one out. I will newer use this machine as a laptop, it will allways be used with other screens on a desk. so if there is a way to permanently disable the main screen, that would help me out allot aswell

Second is that if I attached duel monitor to my laptop, 1 hdmi & 1 vga or whatever that blue plug is called, the hdmi screen starts clitching, like as if the hdmi cable is bad or something. I have tried using different cables, and tried using dvi to hdmi and stuff like that. If I connect it to a a single hdmi monitor however, it works perfectly.. I can even run it fine on a 3440x1440 screen via hdmi, but the second I add a vga screen, the one connected to hdmi starts to clitch.
I do for some reason I cant explain think this will be solved if I can fix the first issue by having a way to disable the main monitor tho.

I any1 can help me figure this out I will be very greatfull and happy :) at least 6months until I can afford to buy a real mac :(

I solved this issue somewhat. Seems like even tho the screen stays as active in system preferences, and stays as the main screen after I close the lid, it does actually physically turn of when I close the lid. So this kinda solved issue nr2 aswell. whenever the lid is closed, the clitching seems to stop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back