Graphics
GTX550
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a X79 motherboard (GA-X79-UP4) with a 6-core Intel (Extreme edition) processor. I've made a Clover USB installer and following this guide (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309677-gax79-up4-el-capitan-wnvidia-gfx950/). I have a GTX-960 video card. I have followed the guide for setting my BIOS (disabling USB3 etc) and I'm using "nv_disable=1 npci=0x3000 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0" as my boot flags in Clover (I've tried npci=0x2000 too.) I've even tried different video cards but I get the same issue. Basically I get a scrambed screen just after it looks for bluetooth. I suspect its either an issue with video card or with processor settings (e.g. generate P-States, C-States etc)

Any ideas from anyone? I'm really stumped now. I have a Mountain Lion Hackintosh which i'm really keen to upgrade but it seems the move to El Capitan is more difficult than I thought.

Attachments

• scrren2.jpg
    scrren2.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 146
  • screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 112
The processor is an Intel i7-3930K. The alternative video card I have is an Radeon HD 6xxx

For me too. It is not the same problem but I have a lot of problems with this motherboard and the 7970 graphic card and i7 4930k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back