Contribute
Register

Having Problems with the Installation of Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did you try HDA Audio patcher I posted before?
I have no idea if it could get any worse.

To sum this up, macOS is... broken...

Here's the story:
  • There was a power surge. I didn't worry too much, because It was off.
    But it was in sleep with darkwake=8
  • I try to start up the computer. Of course, it was off. I turn it on, and macOS gets about halfway there and then just sits there forever. I press reset (hardware button) after about 10 minutes.
  • It still is stuck on the loading screen. I think it's the hard drive.
  • Try one more time, now there's a stop sign. I try verbose. It says read error 0x7, error loading kernel cache (0x7).
  • I try the boot args: -xcpm cpus=1 darkwake=8 nv_drv=1 UseKernelCache=No -v
  • It sort of boots, but halts at USB Sound Assertion in /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleUSBAudio-305.62/AppleUSBAudioControlInterface.app at line 357
  • I give it a while. I look it up and they say to use -x also. So I reset and try.
  • Now it gives me 0xe
  • I try booting with -xcpm cpus=1 darkwake=8 nv_drv=1 UseKernelCache=No -v
  • It gives me 0x7 again.
  • I post this thread.
By the way, the UniBeast USB hung a lot, so I can't even get there.

Any way to help?

When you get to the point where you hit enter, after setting all those commands, hit the space bar once, you can select verbose, -x and other various options, try debug kexts, and the last 2 options to get in. It sounds like your EFI or clover settings are going crazy. If, when you get in can you post your config.plist, and clover folder? There may be something's in there or missing that may help to fix it.

When you get to the point where you hit enter, after setting all those commands, hit the space bar once, you can select verbose, -x and other various options, try debug kexts, and the last 2 options to get in. It sounds like your EFI or clover settings are going crazy. If, when you get in can you post your config.plist, and clover folder? There may be something's in there or missing that may help to fix it.
000.jpg

I got this error.

Did you see the reply? I kinda need a lot of help.

Did you see the reply? I kinda need a lot of help.

Do you have a working Mac that you can connect with a USB or a loading dock to your hackintosh hard drive?

When building a hackintosh you need three things, a working Mac or hackintosh, a system to install on, and patience. Once it's installed problems can occur when making changes or trying to get things to work better. Changing one setting can effect another and so on and so on. Sometimes you just start with a new install on a freshly erased disk and keep it simple as possible so it works. Then you make changes slowly one at a time and back up your system with spare disks in case you corrupt a file or mess things up somehow. Extra Ssd drives are plenty around here and Carbon Copy Cloner is one of the first things I load on a new instal once it's setup and working.
Essential programs to download: Clover Configurator, EFIMounter, Clover bootloader, Carbon copy Cloner, kextbeast, Kextwizzard, Xcode.

If your stuck with a system and have no access to a real Mac then it's very hard to find out what could be going wrong if you can't access your EFI partition (the small disk space that is used for startup) and the important clover files and config.plist.

What is your bios setting for audio? My Gigabyte has a setting for igpu audio enable or disable. I set to enable, also, if you have the Nvidia card and are using it as primary display are you using peg or pcie as primary display output in bios? There's are a lot of settings in the motherboard bios and in clover that's can be set erroneously and create problems.

In clover when you boot up stop the boot process by using the arrows and go to options.

Open each of the options and list what you have set for each of these categories.

Config. Don't worry about it.
Boot arg.
ACPi patching. (If you have a lot of fixes they may not be needed).
CPU Tuning. If using cpus=1 then you need to set Halt Enabler, c states, p states, C6.
Graphics settings. This is critical that you list what is here and what you have set.
Audio. Reset HDA, uncheck it if it's checked.
Binaries. Fake ID if using 0x0306A0 is not working try setting this to 0x106E0, or 0x10676, or 0x109E0.

Let me know what your settings are listed as especially your ACPi patches, CPU Tuning, Binaries, and then Graphics settings and options listed.

Do you have a working Mac that you can connect with a USB or a loading dock to your hackintosh hard drive?

When building a hackintosh you need three things, a working Mac or hackintosh, a system to install on, and patience. Once it's installed problems can occur when making changes or trying to get things to work better. Changing one setting can effect another and so on and so on. Sometimes you just start with a new install on a freshly erased disk and keep it simple as possible so it works. Then you make changes slowly one at a time and back up your system with spare disks in case you corrupt a file or mess things up somehow. Extra Ssd drives are plenty around here and Carbon Copy Cloner is one of the first things I load on a new instal once it's setup and working.
Essential programs to download: Clover Configurator, EFIMounter, Clover bootloader, Carbon copy Cloner, kextbeast, Kextwizzard, Xcode.

If your stuck with a system and have no access to a real Mac then it's very hard to find out what could be going wrong if you can't access your EFI partition (the small disk space that is used for startup) and the important clover files and config.plist.

What is your bios setting for audio? My Gigabyte has a setting for igpu audio enable or disable. I set to enable, also, if you have the Nvidia card and are using it as primary display are you using peg or pcie as primary display output in bios? There's are a lot of settings in the motherboard bios and in clover that's can be set erroneously and create problems.

In clover when you boot up stop the boot process by using the arrows and go to options.

Open each of the options and list what you have set for each of these categories.

Config. Don't worry about it.
Boot arg.
ACPi patching. (If you have a lot of fixes they may not be needed).
CPU Tuning. If using cpus=1 then you need to set Halt Enabler, c states, p states, C6.
Graphics settings. This is critical that you list what is here and what you have set.
Audio. Reset HDA, uncheck it if it's checked.
Binaries. Fake ID if using 0x0306A0 is not working try setting this to 0x106E0, or 0x10676, or 0x109E0.

Let me know what your settings are listed as especially your ACPi patches, CPU Tuning, Binaries, and then Graphics settings and options listed.
The boot args are -xcpm darkwake=8 nvda_drv=1 cpus-1 UseKernelCache=No
I have Halt Enabler, Cstates Pstates C2 and C6.
Binaries= 0x106E0

I'm starting to believe that this could be a hard drive issue.

The boot args are -xcpm darkwake=8 nvda_drv=1 cpus-1 UseKernelCache=No
I have Halt Enabler, Cstates Pstates C2 and C6.
Binaries= 0x106E0

I'm starting to believe that this could be a hard drive issue.

Or something on the drive, it could be a corrupted file.

For binaries what do you have set besides ID 0x106E0? I don't use the Haswell patch or lapic patch.

What happens if you don't use UseKernelcaches=no? The drop kernel caches option is not available on the latest clover editions. One of the error messages you have is kernel caches failed to load. Hit the space bar and see if there is an option for this option and try out some of the other different drop options like slide=0.

On the last time it worked there was slide=0, but I never set that. I don't have laptic or haswell-e patches either. I did the space bar trick but it gave me the 'Insert proper boot device and press a key' error...
Or something on the drive, it could be a corrupted file.

For binaries what do you have set besides ID 0x106E0? I don't use the Haswell patch or lapic patch.

What happens if you don't use UseKernelcaches=no? The drop kernel caches option is not available on the latest clover editions. One of the error messages you have is kernel caches failed to load. Hit the space bar and see if there is an option for this option and try out some of the other different drop options like slide=0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back