Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is my first, and currently only, hackintosh. H77n-wifi running the i3-3225 with onboard graphics connecting a Samsung TV via HDMI.

I have a question about this build that may end up being resolved before anyone responds but thought I would ask anyways just to see if some clarity could be brought to the issue. First let me set up the question:

After using the Snow Leopard DVD to get Mountain Lion up and running when this guide originally came out, I never had a single hitch upgrading incrementally to 10.8.1, 10.8.2, etc OR upgrading to the first new version of Mavericks, 10.9. Starting with the first new version of Yosemite, 10.10, and with every incremental update after, once I have installed the new OS X upgrade, when the system boots for the first time my screen goes black (or something to that nature of not displaying properly) as the white apple loading screen's progress bar finishes. I then have to reboot in safe mode, which allows the display to work properly, and run Multibeast. Once I run Multibeast, it resolves the issue so I dont have to boot in to safe mode anymore to get a visible desktop.

So I guess my first question is this:

I know there will be a multibeast release for El Capitan at some point, but at this moment while there isn't one yet, has anyone else run in to this same issue before and then upgraded to El Capitan without this issue appearing again and presumably unresolved since multibeast hasnt been updated yet? Or were the tools in the current guide sufficient to resolve it?

and two:

Does anyone know if this may just be an error that I introduced by say perhaps changing a system definition or something a while back when I was playing with Clover before it was changed to the default bootloader for this community? Or some other conceivable system change?

Thanks for any information regarding this, and thanks to tonymac, macman, and the others that keep this community going!

The only answer to your black screen and then the screen not displaying correctly is that UniBeast with Chimera didn't contain the 1080p display mode. I too had this issue booting the installation/upgrade as it uses the org.chameleon.Boot.plist presented on the USB, not the installed partition. After the installation we select the USB again as boot device and then the installation drive, using the org.chameleon.Boot.plist on the USB. When it reaches the desktop graphics crash. We need the graphics mode key. Booting in safe mode disables the graphics and allows us to get to the desktop where we can run MultiBeast resolving the graphics dilemma.

Clover shouldn't affect your Chimera install, they will play well alongside one another. It's not something you've done its more like the evolution of OS X. It seems to get choosier with its installs especially graphics. You could in fact not have had the boot issue at all by using GraphicsMode=1920x1080x32 which would inject the correct screen resolution.

If you'd like to test a clean install of El Capitan on your system I've written a simple guide(link below). You could always migrate your settings over if your happy with the install.

GUIDE : CustoMac Mini 2012 | H77N-WIFI | i3-3225 | HD4000 | OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back