Contribute
Register

Having Hard time to make Thunderbolt working on USB 3.1 type C on GA-Z170X-SOC force

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Soc Force
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All

Specs Z170X Soc force
Radeon RX560 4 GB
16 GB memory

All parts are working but on system reprt thunderbolt shows no Hardware.

I cannot make work Zoom Tac 2R Audio interface device when i plug it is not powering on.

i have installed the TAC 2R drivers as per instructions before powering on at restart is not powering on the device. Obviously there is no thunderbolt Hardware detected

I read all type of info even that the device must be connected upon booting but nothing to do is not working.

Any idea how to make this thunderbolt working with high Sierra on this Motherboard which is top category i spent a lot of money on it.

Thanks

USB-c is not the same as Thunderbolt. The plugs look the same, but the protocol is different. Are you sure your mobo supports TB and not just USB?

Hi All,

This is the second post for this same issue on the first one no one replied.

However I understand it may be not easy. I have the following specs for this new build

1) GA-Z170X-Soc Force
2) 16GB DDR4 Kingston
3) Asus AMD Radeon RX-560 4GB
4) SSD Samsung 500GB

The issues is that I cannot make the Thunderbolt USB 3.1 to work on this board. I must use this Hackintosh for music production recording using Zoom TAC 2R Audio Midi Interface. It works on real imac high sierra.

Now after reading Forums apparently this motherboard and all the other similar to this one with Thunderbolt USB 3.1 type C must initiate the Thunderbolt using the flash update utility from windows side.

My system is on a dual boot with Windows 10 I have installed all Windows Drivers including as per exact instructions the Thunderbolt Driver first and the the FW Tool update utility which should initialize the Thunderbolt USB 3.1 Type C

Unfortunately it is failing to do so and the result is that the FW Utility keeps restarting the motherboard in a loop.

consequentially on Hackintosh side high Sierra on Thunderbolt property it shows as no Hardware found even if the Thunderbolt device Zoom Tac 2R is connected at boot.

Opened a ticket with Gigabyte and they Reckon that the Thunderbolt should work and should be activated by the flusing Utility FW Thunderbolt Update.

They Told me to reset the Bios by doing Hard Reset Clearing the CMOS

I'll be doing this at the next opportunity probably next week however if I am still stuck will he following works on this type of board:

Thunderboltex 3 Card From Asus, this is listed on the Tonymacx86. what I mean if I plug this card will High Sierra reconnise it and once plugged the Zoom TAC 2R will see the device?

Hard to answer, question is actually simple will that card work on my motherboard and high sierra?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back