Contribute
Register

Having a problem with update from 10.8.5 to 10.9, need guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my dsdt. Thank you so much for taking your time to do this for me.

No problem, you're welcome.

Your DSDT has some errors that I had to fix before making the necessary changes. Also, your DSDT did not have any info about HDEF or DTGP (necessary for the audio to work), so I had to add it.
Please, make a backup of your system by using TimeMachine or any method you like before trying this DSDT, just in case.
Remember that you need to use this DSDT, and the two kexts too.

Hope it works.

Attachments

• Asus P6T Deluxe Patched Audio Layout-ID 99 V2 DSDT.zip
    19 KB · Views: 144
Thank you. I will try this when i get back home tomorrow night and let you know.

The sound works after using that layer 99 dsdt with both of the kexts you provided.

Hi,

I had the same issue, only I identified it earlier. I don't use a dsdt, do I need to create one in order to use the two kexts you listed?

I have a P5Q deluxe. Same story, ditched the VooDoo, works great under 10.8.x

Did you need the AD2000B (and two other kexts) that were in the original package?

Hi,

I had the same issue, only I identified it earlier. I don't use a dsdt, do I need to create one in order to use the two kexts you listed?

I have a P5Q deluxe. Same story, ditched the VooDoo, works great under 10.8.x

Did you need the AD2000B (and two other kexts) that were in the original package?

Hi!

You don't need the other two kexts that were in the original package.
You only need these two. You can try without a DSDT, but I recommend you to use a DSDT.
Attached you'll find a good and already patched DSDT for your motherboard. Try it.

Attachments

• P5Q Deluxe DSDT.zip
    15.6 KB · Views: 149
Hi Shinji3rd,

I've tried using the attached files for my 10.9 install and still no options for my sound card... :( At least the system still boots up, but basically there is no difference between now and before trying the two .kext files.

I'm not sure if my DSDT.aml file needs adjusting too perhaps...?? My board is slightly different than yours, it's a Maximus Formula II board but it does use the same sound card according to the website.

If possible, could you look and see if it needs adjusting?? (Attached)

Thank you!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 63
Hi Shinji3rd,

I've tried using the attached files for my 10.9 install and still no options for my sound card... :( At least the system still boots up, but basically there is no difference between now and before trying the two .kext files.

I'm not sure if my DSDT.aml file needs adjusting too perhaps...?? My board is slightly different than yours, it's a Maximus Formula II board but it does use the same sound card according to the website.

If possible, could you look and see if it needs adjusting?? (Attached)

Thank you!

Hi!

Please, try with the DSDT attached. It's the same DSDT you provided, but I've changed HDEF info from 12 (0x0C) to 99 (0x63).
Hope it works.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 83
Bonjour,

Je possède une Asus maximus formula 2 : http://www.materiel.net/carte-mere-socket-775/asus-maximus-ii-formula-39801.html

J'ai essayé plusieurs fichier mais je débute et la seule chose que j'ai réussi à faire c'est planter mon installation :D

Pouvez vous me dire quel est le fichier qu'il me faut pour activer la carte son car je n'arrive pas à savoir exactement quel fichier je dois télécharger :/
Certains dise qu'il faut le AD2000B d'autres disent que c'est le VoodooHDA ...

Aidez moi svp MErciiiiiiii

Hi all,

I have a Asus maximus formula 2: http://www.materiel.net/carte-mere-socket-775/asus-maximus-ii-formula-39801.html

I tried several file but I started and the only thing I managed to do is crash my system: D

Can you tell me which file I need to activate the sound card because I can not know exactly what file I need to download :/
Some say it takes the AD2000B others say it is the VoodooHDA ... :banghead:

Help me please Thanks !!!!

Arrrrrrrgh... Ok so I was too busy to try and mess around with getting audio to work over the holidays etc. So I've finally gotten around to trying the patched AppleHDA.kext and using the new DSDT.aml Shinji3rd made for me... I feel like it WOULD work... But I don't think the AppleHDA.kext is even loading because it's been modified (that's the whole point, modified so it should make my sound work)... But it would appear that this new AppleKextExcludeList thing is not allowing it...?! How can I just get it to work?!? :(

It also comes up with a "Found com.apple.driver.KextExcludeList:1.19" message when I install it with Kext Utility... When I tried some other Kext files (that weren't modified I guess?) it would say "Installed" in that space.

Any ideas?! Anyone? (And how come everyone else seems to be using this AppleHDA.kext but doesn't have this issue?!) :(

EDIT: OH MY GOD... I am an IDIOT! I just spent 3 days trying everything, every combination of .kext, I mean everything. Yesterday I even reinstalled OS X 10.8 on an old hard drive I had laying around because I was actually thinking of just going back to Mountain Lion if I could get the sound to work... BUT... That didn't work either... Which really had me scratching my head... Until I saw THIS...

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! (Thank you for all of your help! Works perfectly with the edited DSDT.aml file and AppleHDA.kext) :D

Attachments

• Bios Settings.jpg
    Bios Settings.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 214
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back