Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Audio not working when upgrade from 10.8.5 to 10.9. ADI AD2000B

Hi!

I consider myself a medium experienced "hackintosher" now, but I'm facing a problem with the update to Mavericks that I cannot resolve, so I need some guide here from someone who knows more than I do.

I have a perfectly working and stable instalation of 10.8.5.
I decided to upgrade to 10.9, so I prepared a USB stick with it using UniBeast. As with previous installations on this machine, I had to use PCIRootUID=0 command to get to the installation screen, but this time I also had to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes (in Mavericks the default is GraphicsEnabler=No, contrary to previous builds).
I then installed Mavericks without problems over my existing installation of ML.
The system reboots, and I choose again to boot from my USB stick, but this time selecting the primary hard drive to boot (the one with the Mavericks installation).
It all went fine, and soon I was on 10.9. So, I installed Chimera and reboot. That was when I had the first problem.
The system get stuck at boot, so I tried to boot with different flags, but with no luck.

Then I had to reinstall, and went to the whole process again. And, again, I can boot after the first restart, but not anymore after a second restart. Tried without reinstalling Chimera, reinstalling some kexts, cleaning cache, and many other things.

The only errors I found are these:

1-Using Kext Utility in ML, I can complete the "Full service" process that it'll do as soon as it starts without a problem. Using it on Mavericks after the first restart gives me an error saying that it cannot update system caches, but "nothing fatal". I know that this kind of error is caused by some bad kext.

2-The command "sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel" gives me no errors on 10.8.5. Same command on Mavericks after first reboot gives me some info about some kexts with invalid signatures. All those kexts are in whitelist according to the Terminal message, except for "AppleACPIPlatform.kext", "AppleHDA.kext", and "HDAEnabler.kext" wich are marked with a big WARNING message.

3-Trying to boot Mavericks with -v to see the console, this is where it gets stuck: Look at the attached picture.

So, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_3176.jpg
    IMG_3176.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 365
Well, problem partially solved.

After many trial and error reinstall cicles, I've managed to find the problem.

Before Mavericks (exactly since Lion), I just need to install 4 modified kexts (AD2000b.kext, AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler.kext, HDEFEnabler.kext) that I downloaded here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/52627-asus-p5q-deluxe-ditch-voodoohda-new-audio-kext-available.html), and with that the sound works great. Even Optical sound with 5.1.
But now with Mavericks, if I install those kexts, the system cannot boot anymore, the boot process hangs at "Waiting for DSMOS", no matter what flags I use. So I'm looking for other solutions, and I think I found one: AppleHDA patched version 12E47 appears to be the solution for AD2000B audio. I tried installing that file, but it doesn't work for me, altough the system boots fine. If there's a way to get sound working with this 12E47 file, that would be perfect for me.
I've read that I need to edit my HDEF Layout ID to 99 in the DSDT file to get it work, and I've edited my DSDT HDEF, but with no luck. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, so I decided to went back to my original DSDT file, and ask here for help to modify this thing to get it working.

Here's my DSDT HDEF code:

Code:
            Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x08)
                        {
                            "AFGLowPowerState", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}, 
                            "platformFamily", 
                            Buffer (One)
                            {
                                0x00
                            }
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }

What do I need to modify there?

Thank you in advance.

I'm having the EXACT same problem!!! I have been running 10.8.4 for quite some time with zero problems using those same for .kexts for my sound (Asus Maximus II - I know it's a different board but those seemed to work so that's all I cared about!). So now I am able to run 10.9... Just without sound! :( As soon as I load the .kext files for the sound it hangs on startup in the exact same spot as yours.

I'm a pretty low level hackintosher though... Have no idea how to edit files or what could be wrong. But if you do find a solution please share it here. :D

Good luck and thanks!

I'm having the EXACT same problem!!! I have been running 10.8.4 for quite some time with zero problems using those same for .kexts for my sound (Asus Maximus II - I know it's a different board but those seemed to work so that's all I cared about!). So now I am able to run 10.9... Just without sound! :( As soon as I load the .kext files for the sound it hangs on startup in the exact same spot as yours.

I'm a pretty low level hackintosher though... Have no idea how to edit files or what could be wrong. But if you do find a solution please share it here. :D

Good luck and thanks!

Oh, do not worry, eventually I'll come to a solution and post it here, to help everyone with the same problem like you.

[Solved] Having a problem with update from 10.8.5 to 10.9, need guidance

Good luck and thanks!

Sorry for the double post, but it is necessary.

I found a solution! I edited a kext, and found an AppleHDA.kext patched by ErmaC, and those two kexts together enable sound in Mavericks. :)

Attached you will find a zip file containing the two kexts that you need to install.

Moderators: please mark this post as Solved, because I cannot edit the title. Thanks!

Attachments

• Sound AD2000B Mavericks 10.9 AppleHDA.12E47 + HDAEnabler.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 429
Are these the only two kext that you used? I installed both of these and still have no sound. I have the Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mb.

Yes, I installed only those two kexts.
Maybe it's a stupid question, but what software did you used to install those kexts? I used Kext Wizard, and after the installation I did "Repair permissions" and "Rebuild cache". Also, after installation and reboot, you have to select the audio output in System Preferences / Sound.

I use kextbeast to install them. I just did a repair disk permissions and still no output device visible. I am not sure how to modify the dsdt to layer 99.

I use kextbeast to install them. I just did a repair disk permissions and still no output device visible. I am not sure how to modify the dsdt to layer 99.

Upload your DSDT here, and I will do the edit for you.

Here is my dsdt. Thank you so much for taking your time to do this for me.

Attachments

• Asus P6T Deluxe V2 DSDT.zip
    18.8 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back