i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is a general question about graphics...to know if having 2 GPU would be doable ?

I've read that on windows it's possible to use two GPU with a 'bridge' part to connect both, and some software, so this way it will be possible to have 2 cheaper GPU that will give similar performance than a high end costly GPU.

Ex: 16 Gig GPU is apprx 2200$ usd, when 2x 8 gig GPU is approx 500$ for both. o_O

What about hackintosh and MacOS ?

Thanks guys
if you have an idea on that.

It is possible for Mac Pro with two Radeon Pro Vega II or Radeon Pro Vega II Duo cards, so there may be a method to run two graphics cards simultaneously for Hackintosh machines.

It is possible for Mac Pro with two Radeon Pro Vega II or Radeon Pro Vega II Duo cards, so there may be a method to run two graphics cards simultaneously for Hackintosh machines.
An idea worth exploring...

An idea worth exploring...

Unless you have software that can take advantage of the power of both graphics cards, I would say it is a waste of money to get 2 graphics cards, not to say the extra heat they will generate and the need to use a more powerful power supply.

The "bridge" you are talking about refer to AMD CrossFire or Nvidia SLI, both of which are only supported in Windows and not in MacOS.

Yep, indeed, thanks

I have one machine with x2 RX560 - 4GB. and both card work only on few program.
like lux mark. photoshop, premiere, after effect. FCPX and other like this one. I play video from youtube and VLC and use only one GPU.
in mac osx there is no way to use it both. Only in few programs.
:) and this is my first and last machine with this king of GPU. I bough 1 card for 60$ and second for 20$ that why I test it.
If you are using program for rendering and GPU Load will be good cheap performance. in other case will not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back