Contribute
Register

Have You Updated to OS X Mavericks Yet?

Have You Updated to OS X Mavericks Yet?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgraded to Mavericks on relatively old hardware, but everything works perfectly. For the first time since I built the machine three years ago sleep works as well. I didn't actually measure speed (mainly because I'm not interested) but overall the machines responsiveness seems below that of Snow Leopard. This is purely how it is perceived by me and I don't have numbers to back it up.

Updated and upgraded to GTX 770, running great and fast. One problem, sleep not working. Worked great in ML. Trying to figure it out. Love Mavericks! Thanks Tony and crew, no problem at all with the install.

10.9 running with no problem at all..... 99.99% like real Mac.
No DSDT
MSI H77MA-G43
i3-2100
8gb RAM
HD5770
sleep/wake (auto/manual) works

There're simply no reason why I would like to upgrade to 10.9.

Will probably stay on 10.8.5 forever:
⇒ uptime
18:20 up 45 days, 16:53, 1 user, load averages: 1,59 1,66 1,72

Anybody with an argument why would I want to upgrade to 10.9? One reason?

Yes! The Install went great, and ALMOST everything works perfectly. I am having an issue with my Graphics Cards though. using 2 geforce gtx 780 with an SLI bridge. Apparently there is no Nvidia Web driver and i am forced into using the OS X default driver (when looking at the Nvidia Driver Manager in System Prefs). Has anyone any ide why? I've searched the forums but maybe i missed something.

There're simply no reason why I would like to upgrade to 10.9.

Will probably stay on 10.8.5 forever:
⇒ uptime
18:20 up 45 days, 16:53, 1 user, load averages: 1,59 1,66 1,72

Anybody with an argument why would I want to upgrade to 10.9? One reason?

If you don't want to, there is no reason. I did it to try to fix an issue I had with quicklook and video files (which it did fix). I don't see any new must-have features but I don't ever have problems with OS upgrades so it's a no-brainer for me. YMMV. Also, I reboot two or three times a day switching between boot drives and OS's so I NEVER even check that uptime stat, it means nothing.

I'm running my rig in Multiboot Configuration : Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7......and the fact is Snow Leopard boots faster than any other OS X in my rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back