Contribute
Register

Have NVidia PASCAL, should I also enable iGPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, was not clear here.

I was looking for the point where
shikigva=60 means x,
shikigva=32 means y
etc.

You suggested that 60 might not be appropriate, and I was looking for the definitions of these booth parameters where I could select the right one.

Cheers,

Mark

I don't know of a source for all the definitions. The best I have been able to find is in the release page of Shiki and read through the release notes:
Releases · vit9696/Shiki · GitHub

ShikiGVAPatches

shikigva=1 ForceOnlineRenderer = 1,

shikigva=2 AllowNonBGRA = 2,

shikigva=4 ForceCompatibleRenderer = 4,

shikigva=8 VDAExecutableWhitelist = 8,

shikigva=16 DisableHardwareKeyExchange = 16,

shikigva=32 ReplaceBoardID = 32

Thank you! Thought i was being dense in not finding a list.

Regards,

Mark

ShikiGVAPatches

shikigva=1 ForceOnlineRenderer = 1,

shikigva=2 AllowNonBGRA = 2,

shikigva=4 ForceCompatibleRenderer = 4,

shikigva=8 VDAExecutableWhitelist = 8,

shikigva=16 DisableHardwareKeyExchange = 16,

shikigva=32 ReplaceBoardID = 32

Does it mean I have to put all these boot arguments? or each new number carries forward the previous change too?

Does it mean I have to put all these boot arguments? or each new number carries forward the previous change too?

Just summing up shikigva boot arguments that you need.

ForceOnlineRenderer = 1,
// Remve hweBGRA from AppleGVA Info.plist.
// hweBGRA is not supported by NVIDIA GPUs, so the patch is sometimes required when using NVIDIA
// in a mac model meant to be used with AMD or Intel.
// See /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework/Resources/Info.plist for mor details.
AllowNonBGRA = 2,
// Some GPU+CPU combinations are not meant to provide hardware acceleration and need to be patched.
// Fix hardware acceleration with NVIDIA+SKL, NVIDIA+KBL, AMD+IVB, NVIDIA+SNB.
// Enabled automatically if shikigva is *NOT* passed on the aforementioned hardware.
ForceCompatibleRenderer = 4,
// Unlike 10.12.6 without security updates and earlier, on 10.13 and latest 10.12.6 AppleGVA patches
// do not apply to all processes, and each process needs to be patched explicitly. This is a bug
// in Lilu, which needs to be explored and fixed. For now this bit ensures that the processes present
// in WHITELIST section of Patches.plist will definitely get the fixes even on 10.13 and 10.12.6.
// On 10.12.6 and 10.13 this must be used if any of the following bits are used:
// - ForceOnlineRenderer
// - AllowNonBGRA
// - ForceCompatibleRenderer
// - ReplaceBoardID
// - FixSandyBridgeClassName
// It is enabled automatically on 10.12 and 10.13 if shikigva is *NOT* passed and ForceCompatibleRenderer or
// FixSandyBridgeClassName are automatically enabled.
AddExecutableWhitelist = 8,
// Disable hardware-accelerated FairPlay support in iTunes to fix crashes in 10.13.
// While this breaks streaming, it is currently the only way to workaround iTunes crashes in 10.13
// when one has IGPU installed.
// This is enabled automatically on 10.13 and newer if shikigva is *NOT* passed via boot-args.
// Apple fixed this bug as of 10.13.4 Developer Beta 3. Please note, that iTunes may still crash
// until you perform DRM reset (or make a clean macOS installation). See FAQ for details.
DisableHardwareKeyExchange = 16,
// Replace board-id used by AppleGVA by a different board-id.
// Sometimes it is feasible to use different GPU acceleration settings from the main mac model.
// By default Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61 (iMac14,2) will be used, but you can override this via shiki-id boot-arg.
// See /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework/Resources/Info.plist for mor details.
ReplaceBoardID = 32,
// Attempt to support fps.1_0 (FairPlay 1.0) in Safari.
// This should technically fix some very old streaming services in Safari, which rely on FairPlay DRM
// similar to the one found in iTunes. Newer streaming services require FairPlay 2.0, which is hardware-only,
// so nothing could be done about them.
// Another way to enable this is to pass -shikifps boot argument.
UnlockFP10Streaming = 64,
// Replace IntelAccelerator with Gen6Accelerator to fix AppleGVA warnings on Sandy Bridge.
// GVA error: Not detecting IGPU in IORegistry!
// GVA error: Not detecting valid offline codec!
// The issue is that AppleGVA expects IntelAccelerator class, which Apple forgot to rename for Sandy.
// Enabled automatically if shikigva is *NOT* passed on Sandy Bridge hardware.
FixSandyBridgeClassName = 128

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back